Advertisements Galore?

Mongrel

Silver Member
Real irony....

My ad blocker blocks this thread.

I had to disable it to see what the heck it was about.

Try Norton Ad-Blocker. You won't see the ads any more.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I don't understand why the ads up top bother people, and yet all the info and crap on the sides or elsewhere doesn't seem to be an issue. I haven't had a problem with iPhone or laptop. I don't use any adblocker. On a positive note-I've ordered a huge block of wood-from the funeral ads so I can start now and whittle my casket that I'll be cremated in LOL. My eldest brother actually has already made his casket-he stores it on his farm in a barn. That just freaks and creeps me out-he's become the walking dead.

AzHeat

Platinum Member
If the ads were on top, it wouldn't have been an issue. Mine were right over top of the threads. I got it resolved with my ad blocker, but now wondering why I have ads all over this forum in particular. Didn't have that issue with other forums. That suggests something has been hijacked on my phone, but why just this forum? Easiest to turn on the ad blocker and forget about it, but there's an underlying issue that will eat at me till I figure it out.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
If the ads were on top, it wouldn't have been an issue. Mine were right over top of the threads. I got it resolved with my ad blocker, but now wondering why I have ads all over this forum in particular. Didn't have that issue with other forums. That suggests something has been hijacked on my phone, but why just this forum? Easiest to turn on the ad blocker and forget about it, but there's an underlying issue that will eat at me till I figure it out.
I would disable the DW app or whatever and start anew. Here is my method. Using Safari go to Drummerworld.com, at the bottom of the screen, click on the little box with the arrow through it. There you will see many choices. Scroll down until you see, Add to Home Screen, with a + sign. Click that and the website will show as an app. See if that helps.

I would disable the DW app or whatever and start anew. Here is my method. Using Safari go to Drummerworld.com, at the bottom of the screen, click on the little box with the arrow through it. There you will see many choices. Scroll down until you see, Add to Home Screen, with a + sign. Click that and the website will show as an app. See if that helps.
+1. That is how I installed it and no problems , and ads are only a small header strip at top of page . ( iPhone 8).

DrumDoug

I'm on my computer now, but last night, the sight was unusable on my phone. An add covers most of the screen and 2/3 of what's left is greyed out. I can only click on links if they are at the bottom of the screen under the greyed out portion.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I am using an iPhone 8+, and iOS 13.1.2. All updates installed. I can't help if you are using an Android phone. I don't know their system. If you have an Apple Phone , try using the method I described above and make sure any ad blockers on the phone are enabled.

Beasty

I don't know why, but I have no problems with advertisements. Once I just installed a blocker on my PC and live a peaceful life since then. Can't even remember the name of the program. 😅