Additional Spring Assembly On Axis A-L2/Derek Roddy Double Pedal

I was just wondering if anyone has tried to put an additional spring assembly on the slave pedal of an Axis A-L2, or if anyone has tried the new Derek Roddy signature double pedal by axis (which has this setup)???

I recently called axis and the lady I spoke with suggested that some people order an additional spring assembly for their axis pedals, and I'm pretty sure Derek Roddy had his signature pedal manufactured that way for a reason. What advantage do you think this additional spring does to the feel and play of the slave pedal????

Les Ismore

Platinum Member
I was just wondering if anyone has tried to put an additional spring assembly on the slave pedal of an Axis A-L2, or if anyone has tried the new Derek Roddy signature double pedal by axis (which has this setup)???

I recently called axis and the lady I spoke with suggested that some people order an additional spring assembly for their axis pedals, and I'm pretty sure Derek Roddy had his signature pedal manufactured that way for a reason. What advantage do you think this additional spring does to the feel and play of the slave pedal????

Its a feel thing and when you adjust the slaves beater angle, the extra spring keeps the slaves foot board angle in place, this true on any AXIS double

I purchased and installed the additional assembly on my slave pedal. It def helps eliminate slave lag and makes if feel more responsive and feel closer to the main pedal. I keep the slave pedal spring set like normal and the spring for the slave that's attached to the main pedal very loose. I watch not to make these two identical or very tight because the pedal becomes too "springy" or responsive.

I got this idea from watchin a video on youtube where Derek explains his new Axis double.