"Acting" in a Music Video...

Living Dead Drummer

Platinum Member
So, I'm not playing drums on this song, when you hear it--it will be obvious, as it's electronic music and all programmed. However, I am going to be playing with this group live (whenever that's allowed to happen again?) In the mean time I was asked to "act" in the new music video. It's not often I do videos where I'm not behind the kit, but I figured, what the heck? Probably should warn people, it's pushing the PG13 boundary. Nothing crazy, but suggestive for sure.

johnwesley

Silver Member
Not sure what the video is about and can't understand the lyrics. BUT, the acting is great.......I think.

Living Dead Drummer

Platinum Member
Not sure what the video is about and can't understand the lyrics. BUT, the acting is great.......I think.
I'd think the subject matter would be obvious from the song title. As for the lyrics, yeah, I don't know what all them are either, but hey, it's not my job to know, it's my job to figure out how to translate the programed parts on an actual kit. And look good on camera apparently? lololol

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
Yeah, I’ve never been really a big fan of the blurry line between theater and drumming. I hit things, they make sounds. If you want an actor, then it’s going to be my way, or eff yourself. I don’t think I have the ego control to take criticism of my acting.

Living Dead Drummer

Platinum Member
I've said this many times, and I stand by it.
People (in the most general sense) do not go to concerts to listen to music. They go to watch music. If you just stand on stage playing your instrument, and do nothing else, you are failing at your job to entertain. You need to give the audience something to watch. I think this also applies to the natural progression of music as entertainment, hence videos.