Accumulating extra parts along the way.

Jasta 11

I have a small size bag i carry my pedal, stick bag and small towel in. Its a two handled bag which they fit nicely in. I was going through it to check on some sticks and the pedal was having trouble going back in smoothly and realized I was carrying around a bunch of extra stuff for no reason. Why am I hauling around 3 extra hi-hat clutches, and 3 extra beaters (one looks like an old Speed King beater) more felts ( i keep a couple in my cymbal bag) 2 bungees ( I was looking for these, supposed to be with my cart) 2 things of bug spray and memory lock ? Needless to say this stuff is not going back in the bag. Has anyone else notice extra, misc. pieces slowly making their way into you hardware/gig bags?

Attachments

• extras.jpg
    extras.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 9

toddmc

Gold Member
I never throw out ANY drum-related bits and pieces (never know when it might come in handy).

Definitley not a hoarder when it comes to anything else (if anything I like to get rid of "stuff" I don't use which just takes up space) but drum gear is definitely the exception!

lefty2

Platinum Member
Nope I get to the gig and I don't have the stuff I'm supposed to have in my bag LOLLast weekend I only brought half of my Tom holder so I had to play a four piece instead of five

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I never throw out ANY drum-related bits and pieces (never know when it might come in handy).

Definitley not a hoarder when it comes to anything else (if anything I like to get rid of "stuff" I don't use which just takes up space) but drum gear is definitely the exception!
Same here. Broken stuff isnt broken, its parts for later.

SmoothOperator

Gold Member
Yeah, it all gets trotted out and played with at some point. Though I did get a rack recently, I'm thinking pretty hard about all of those extra stands. We'll see. I ended up with a bunch of clamps that didn't fit the rack, but I used those also.

Hihat clutch parts, I wish I had extras of those.

doggyd69b

Yeah, it all gets trotted out and played with at some point. Though I did get a rack recently, I'm thinking pretty hard about all of those extra stands. We'll see. I ended up with a bunch of clamps that didn't fit the rack, but I used those also.

Hihat clutch parts, I wish I had extras of those.
if you do video, you can use the bottom of the stands for camera/gear mounts.

Mike_b

I have a small size bag i carry my pedal, stick bag and small towel in. Its a two handled bag which they fit nicely in. I was going through it to check on some sticks and the pedal was having trouble going back in smoothly and realized I was carrying around a bunch of extra stuff for no reason. Why am I hauling around 3 extra hi-hat clutches, and 3 extra beaters (one looks like an old Speed King beater) more felts ( i keep a couple in my cymbal bag) 2 bungees ( I was looking for these, supposed to be with my cart) 2 things of bug spray and memory lock ? Needless to say this stuff is not going back in the bag. Has anyone else notice extra, misc. pieces slowly making their way into you hardware/gig bags?

Yes, I now have 5 drumtacs that I don't use and 2 memory locks the cylinder kind lol

CommanderRoss

Silver Member
I have the lower half of one of those rolling tool boxes that I use to hold all my parts and accessories. Looks good and allows me to be very orderly with my gear.
As for a "gig bag", I have the basics in it, but I always check my gear & equipment before the gig & bring with only what might break or get lost.

BruceW

Oh yeah.... I have more crap in my gear bag. Tho it is funny when someone asks for something odd and I say "hang on a minute, let me see", and pull out some cable or adapter or such