About my Pop--Thanks to all for the well-wishes and prayers!

Concrete Pete

Hey Crew,

A little update on my dad. (You may remember his being posted on Modern Drummer website a couple months ago, and my mentioning his suffering from that nasty U.R.I)

Well, last Saturday, he turned 93! I called him Saturday, and he sounded MUCH better and stronger than a couple weeks ago when I drove down to San Diego to visit. He has been steadily improving, QUIT TAKING a few meds that the doctors were insisting that he needed, and is only taking a blood thinner for his high B. P., and doing colloidal silver therapy for his ailment, which has been a slow, but positive cure.
His last MRI showed that 20-25% of his lung infection has disappeared, and he is (slowly but surely) improving!

Please allow me to personally thank each and every one of you that extended prayers, well-wishes, and positive vibes for my Dad's recovery- IT WORKS!

I STILL think he'll make it to 100, and be drumming until that very last day.

God bless ya'll and rock forever!

Sincerely,
C. P.

(PS) This now makes 76 years that he's been playing drums! WOOO HOOO!

Thanks for the update Pete, great news for your family and the drumming world at large!

Timing couldn't be better with Fathers day coming up Sunday. Best of everything to you both.

good going, CP.. allabest to you both. My dad's 93 and I understand what it means. Cheers.

Great news Pete. I've been following this and this update has brought a smile to my face. I lost my mother a few weeks ago and my 90 year old father is going downhill fast. I feel the struggle in your mind. You care Pete, and that makes you one of the good ones. Trust me, your desire to help your father is only eclipsed by the pride your father feels for you.

Hey D.M.C.,

I dunno- I think it's mostly in the gene pool- We're mostly German, and about 1/3 Welsh, Irish, and even some N.A. mixed in- according to the genealogical reports.

Other than that, I kinda figger that my parents both gained superhuman strength raising me through my "teen years"- I was one of "those kids" that most parents can only nightmare about. And THEN I bought my 1st Harley at an early age, which would have driven most parents off the edge...(sheesh!)

I know that since my Dad was in the Army (WW2, 7th infantry) he always did home exercises and stuff until just a decade or so ago, which I'm sure helped a lot. After he retired, my folks always had a dog to have to walk daily until a few years ago.
Personally, I think drumming has been at least 55% of it- I know it's great cardio, keeps the joints fluid, and (from what I've read in MANY medical articles) being a drummer/musician is beneficial in a helluva lot of ways, both physically, and mentally. (I think spiritually, too!)

On a personal note- thanks again to all that have been supportive, and I humbly ask all to keep up the prayers and good wishes- he's not "out of the woods" YET, but he's had some improvement and I sure hope it continues, which I have major faith that it will.

To K.I.S.- Dude, I am very sorry to hear about you losing your Mom, and I'll be a-prayin' my heart out for your Dad- just keep the faith, and keep your head up- works for me. As far as the term "death" goes, it's just leaving one's body behind after we are done with it--As I've said a gazillion times, "This ain't the last stop on this ride"!

Aydee- Do me a favor- next time you see your Dad, give him a big hug for me, and tell him you and I are in the same boat, OK? Thanks. I hope BOTH our Dads make it to 100, if not more!

Cheers and respect to all,
C. P.

To K.I.S.- Dude, I am very sorry to hear about you losing your Mom, and I'll be a-prayin' my heart out for your Dad- just keep the faith, and keep your head up- works for me. As far as the term "death" goes, it's just leaving one's body behind after we are done with it--As I've said a gazillion times, "This ain't the last stop on this ride"!

Aydee- Do me a favor- next time you see your Dad, give him a big hug for me, and tell him you and I are in the same boat, OK? Thanks. I hope BOTH our Dads make it to 100, if not more!

Cheers and respect to all,
C. P.
Cheers Pete, there's a few of us on here that are working through the trials of caring for elderly parents, and just as drumming has helped you & your dad, it's certainly helped me during darker moments. Finding on line companionship is something I thought would never have any depth or real meaning, I was wrong. Keep praying.

Hey Pete
Im glad to hear it is going the right way for your dad, he is a true inspiration for me.
God bless him and you

Cheers Pete, there's a few of us on here that are working through the trials of caring for elderly parents, and just as drumming has helped you & your dad, it's certainly helped me during darker moments. Finding on line companionship is something I thought would never have any depth or real meaning, I was wrong. Keep praying.

Touche, Andy.

Pete, what is beautiful is the love in your heart for your dad.

In a time when family bonds are eroding, and we are rapidly becoming these little private islands, attached only to ipods and computers and not to human beings, it is truly a heartwarming thing to see.

Andy, you have been through a gut wrenching time, I know, but at times like this we must realize how lucky and blessed we have been to have had long & meaningful relationships with our parents.

Pete, just so that you know, I actually did tell my dad about a 90+ drummer and his cheerleading son who has sent him a 'virtual' hug, and I actually got a smile out of him despite the Parkinson's that freezes his facial muscles.

Thanks.

Hey Aydee,

Please tell your father that the few moments he gave you a smile just made my entire month, and then some. May God bless that dude.

Never give up, never give in, never lose ground, never stop BEATING...anything...ever...

This thought just occurred to me a few seconds ago- We're DRUMMERS, and we BEAT things. Not just drums and cymbals, we beat challenges, we beat the odds, we beat the competition, we beat problems, we beat our way through life, and in a lot of different aspects.

Keep beating, people. Beat it all. Beat it good.

Cheers,
C. P.

Back