A trick I've been using when shopping

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
When I need any sort of drum case, I search for the drum gear first and then I look for the words "Comes with case." For example, if you are looking for a 5.5 x 14" snare case, then just search for snare drums and then look to see if it comes with a case, then message the seller and ask if they'd be interested in selling the case separately. Many of the times, they oblige...and for a good price! A lot of times, sellers are pretty much throwing in the case for free, so they can actually make more money selling it by itself.

So if you are looking for drum kit cases, a hardware case or cymbal case, give this a shot. Best of luck everyone!

When I need any sort of drum case, I search for the drum gear first and then I look for the words "Comes with case." For example, if you are looking for a 5.5 x 14" snare case, then just search for snare drums and then look to see if it comes with a case, then message the seller and ask if they'd be interested in selling the case separately. Many of the times, they oblige...and for a good price! A lot of times, sellers are pretty much throwing in the case for free, so they can actually make more money selling it by itself.

So if you are looking for drum kit cases, a hardware case or cymbal case, give this a shot. Best of luck everyone!
Sort of not really related but when I bought my Paiste 2002's, I brought the exact amount in cash not knowing the guy had a brand new Ahead Armor cymbal bag, he said he would throw it in for 50 bucks ( i think they are 180) but i didnt take the money with me. I did snag it the next day, he wanted 125 but i talked him back to the 50 he origanlly offered it to me for. Good advice inquiring about a case.

In the OP's approach I'm fine. If someone wants the perfect condition chainsaw case alone and not the Charvel in it, selling it separately is fine. But if the jerk tries to nit-pick to low-ball, he's gonna find out my pet peeve and draw back a stub. Go buy a new Fender case and stop wasting my time...and don't contact me again. Your price just went up.

Your choice. Pay a fair price for something you won't find again for maybe 10 years and appreciate the opportunity or find out how frustrated I am with time wasters.

Save it for the pawn shops.

In the OP's approach I'm fine. If someone wants the perfect condition chainsaw case alone and not the Charvel in it, selling it separately is fine. But if the jerk tries to nit-pick to low-ball, he's gonna find out my pet peeve and draw back a stub. Go buy a new Fender case and stop wasting my time...and don't contact me again. Your price just went up.

Your choice. Pay a fair price for something you won't find again for maybe 10 years and appreciate the opportunity or find out how frustrated I am with time wasters.

Save it for the pawn shops.

I agree. Whenever I've inquired about selling the cases separately, I let the seller name his price. I never throw out a number before they do.

I agree. Whenever I've inquired about selling the cases separately, I let the seller name his price. I never throw out a number before they do.

Wow, that's embarrassing reading my post. Sorry I vented my recent frustration, lol.

Wow, that's embarrassing reading my post. Sorry I vented my recent frustration, lol.

Venting frustration when dealing with folks on FB Marketplace or CL is well-justified. It's worked out really well for me as a buyer, but as a seller, it's been an absolute dumpster fire.

Back