A Small fan 4 HOT gigs

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Aww Bob you used to be fun. Then you downsized and got all serious on me. I miss the old Bob driving his tractor down 95 to do something I forget. Kill me maybe? That's it, you were gonna kill me and bury me somewhere. What happened to fun Bob?

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
Aww Bob you used to be fun. Then you downsized and got all serious on me. I miss the old Bob driving his tractor down 95 to do something I forget. Kill me maybe? That's it, you were gonna kill me and bury me somewhere. What happened to fun Bob?
Fun Bob sobered up :)

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Made for STANLEY by LASKO.

If you haven't cleaned the tumbler yet, highly recommended. When/if you do pull it apart you'll see how cheaply these early versions are put together. Very susceptible to breakage from a fall.
Thanks, will keep an eye on that!

Les Ismore

Platinum Member
I have seen those fans drooped from benches, dragged by the power cord, etc. I have never seen one break or become unusable. We have had them for many years now.
Had one fall off a gear cart, broke the housing, and one fall from about 3' up in storage which broke a fin on the tumbler. Keep them on the floor is my advise. The newer ones are more impact resistant plastic, seems softer.

Dirty fan blades can make you sick, concentrated dust, mold etc. being blasted at your intake and into your lungs.

Les Ismore

Platinum Member
The BLOWIT is cool, any fan that's easily cleanable is a plus. The blower fans we're touting above in earlier posts are NOT actually easily cleanable, tho they have some plusses, like performance and courtesy mains power plugs.

I'd lean more towards Bob's fan in post #9 tho, its easy to put together if you're able...find a workable fan cheap, utilize a laid off multi clamp and its good to go. Altho cool, at $129 (+ Shipp(?)) BLOWIT fan is not an easy buy for the cash strapped.

My LASKO was $55 at LOWES, no shipping.

Attachments

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I will use this on two gigs on the island today in a ridiculously hot and humid place. I never leave home without it. It has been going 3 years strong.
I have one of these in yellow, love it. Although, I think a small room air conditioner unit might be better. Then the air would be cold. I figure if I'm already loading a truck and wheeling everything in, what's another big piece of gear?

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
I have one of these in yellow, love it. Although, I think a small room air conditioner unit might be better. Then the air would be cold. I figure if I'm already loading a truck and wheeling everything in, what's another big piece of gear?
I dub this the "Drummadome". Just run a stage snake in and you are set.

Attachments