A proposal for the forum regarding For Sale items.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
It's in the General Discussion Section, and near the top, Classifieds. I now have it pared down to 2 pages.

mikel

Platinum Member
It's in the General Discussion Section, and near the top, Classifieds. I now have it pared down to 2 pages.
Thanks mate. Yep, we really need a page for GB or European sales. Scrolling through all the dollar sales and wants is not a lot of fun. There are people on here who are not living in the USA.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I quite agree with your issue and have hoped that by paring down the pages from 57 to 2 or 3, a quick glance will show basically what is being sold. As I mentioned earlier, changes to the site are at the discretion of Bernhard only. We only monitor what is posted. I could see three pages, Americas, Europe and the Australia region. We will see what happens.

mesazoo

Having the classifieds as a sticky is not the best solution. It should have it's own section, which can be subdivided by type i.e.: cymbals, drums etc. Having a more clearly defined classified area might drive more traffic.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I am a member of Ghostnote and have bought and sold there as well and their classified section is the same as it is here. It is called the Trading Post. Chronological in reverse order. They have Bold print that says For Sale or Wanted but not by country or product. It has it's own header, where this one is under General Discussion, but it's no easier to navigate other than being in reverse chronological order. It has also not been pared down as there are ads there still from 2009.

mesazoo

It is much easier to navigate. You open it and you get a bunch of headers which you can use to chose what you want to look at. Here a sticky thread you have open and scroll through whole messages.

cutaway79

Silver Member
It is much easier to navigate. You open it and you get a bunch of headers which you can use to chose what you want to look at. Here a sticky thread you have open and scroll through whole messages.
+1 Ghostnote's layout is much more organized/easier to navigate, just seeing headers (like on CL or eBay), instead of having to scroll through everyone's entire ad.