A Philly Joe 4

I'm working on it. You have a great teaching style, and playing style too, so I've just subscribed to your channel, but reset my own, including taking down all my own videos. I'm currently working on some songo and bebop work, with the aim of posting some videos in the coming weeks, so I'll keep you posted. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying your video on trading 4's with syncopation. Nothing new to me, but thoroughly enjoyable to watch and listen to you.

huge fan as always Andrew

love this

Ive used similar things before.......this one I may have to work into my bag of vocab

thanks brother

I'm working on it. You have a great teaching style, and playing style too, so I've just subscribed to your channel, but reset my own, including taking down all my own videos. I'm currently working on some songo and bebop work, with the aim of posting some videos in the coming weeks, so I'll keep you posted. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying your video on trading 4's with syncopation. Nothing new to me, but thoroughly enjoyable to watch and listen to you.

That means a lot to me, I appreciate it!

Let me know when you have that stuff up so I can check it out.

You are most welcome, thanks for checking it out!

Same question for you Anthony, could you post some of you playing some of these ideas so I can check out what you come up with? I would love that if it is possible.

absolutely

Nice. I always enjoy your blog posts, Andrew, tho it's possibly a bit early for me to commit to learning this; I'm just getting into the comping patterns in Art of Bop. Tho I was recently doing LH triplets in an exercise my teacher gave me - after a while it feels like your LH is doing the work of the RH

Nice. I always enjoy your blog posts, Andrew, tho it's possibly a bit early for me to commit to learning this; I'm just getting into the comping patterns in Art of Bop. Tho I was recently doing LH triplets in an exercise my teacher gave me - after a while it feels like your LH is doing the work of the RH

Hey Liebe zeit,

Yes, I think that this might not be the right thing for you to be working on yet. That being said, it is never too early to start listening to and learning from Philly Joe. I think the sooner you start learning his comping and soloing ideas by ear for yourself, the better. This is undoubtedly something that your teacher can help you with as it can be a real struggle at first. I can't remember, have you started checking Philly Joe out yet?

Back