A Philly Joe 4

A

Anthony Amodeo

Oh Man,

Do I ever! All of Anthony's recommendations are great, I would mostly add the obvious Miles Davis sextet stuff:

Miles Davis- Milestones, Round About Midnight, and all the Prestige recordings (Cookin', etc..)
Wynton Kelly- Kelly After Midnite
I've been trying for months to get Kelly after midnight in vinyl and cannot find it for under $179.00

driving me nuts ...I love that record

but I just love love love listening to my jazz on vinyl.....I have just over 100 jazz records (and counting) and love every one of them

..I lay on the floor in my livingroom with a cold beer and just drift away

I call it studying and my wife laughs at me and says I was born 40 years too late

she may be on to something

haredrums

Silver Member
I've been trying for months to get Kelly after midnight in vinyl and cannot find it for under $179.00

driving me nuts ...I love that record

but I just love love love listening to my jazz on vinyl.....I have just over 100 jazz records (and counting) and love every one of them

..I lay on the floor in my livingroom with a cold beer and just drift away

I call it studying and my wife laughs at me and says I was born 40 years too late

she may be on to something
Man that sounds great right now. I might just try it out! I wish I had this on vinyl as well, my record collection is puny.

Numberless

Platinum Member
Here's something --> http://youtu.be/9zJ_wO_3mSI

I just started to work on it so it's rough and pretty slow jaja. Aside from the coordination challenges, getting the dynamics just right is tough! But I had fun messing around with it, this is some of the stuff I came up with.

haredrums

Silver Member
Here's something --> http://youtu.be/9zJ_wO_3mSI

I just started to work on it so it's rough and pretty slow jaja. Aside from the coordination challenges, getting the dynamics just right is tough! But I had fun messing around with it, this is some of the stuff I came up with.
I loved what you had so far, particularly the interesting orchestration with rim click/hihat! Thanks for sharing. Have you tried feathering the bass drum and playing the hihat on 2/4 with this? I have found that it helps me keep everything lined up.