a new video of me.

slingerland755

Silver Member
Keep on playing and like advice given to a bunch of young (and old) drummers...get yourself a metronome. You will find in very valuable to your playing in the future. Personally I would tighten my hats a bit more too. All that "sloshing" muddles up the sound in my opinion. I used to do the same thing and once I tightened them up, my sound improved greatly (as my band mates let me know).

Keep on playing and like advice given to a bunch of young (and old) drummers...get yourself a metronome. You will find in very valuable to your playing in the future. Personally I would tighten my hats a bit more too. All that "sloshing" muddles up the sound in my opinion. I used to do the same thing and once I tightened them up, my sound improved greatly (as my band mates let me know).

i do play with one sometimes, but it seems to just mess with my own. and this might be strange to hear but, in side my head i sort of have my own metronome going in my head lol. Its sloppy playing when im not listening to guitar and bass and singing. But playing along with songs i have perfect timing without even trying, which is weird i know lol. And in front of the camera i kind of get distracted and try to hide from the camera if you have seen any other of videos, i tend to move it to where it cant see my face and i cant see it.

rmandelbaum

Platinum Member
The metronome with make your internal clock more accurate. It is messing you up because you still need to develope your sense of time.

Stick with it, get a metronome and DO NOT EVER GET RID OF THOSE VISTALIGHTS ;-)

The metronome with make your internal clock more accurate. It is messing you up because you still need to develope your sense of time.

Stick with it, get a metronome and DO NOT EVER GET RID OF THOSE VISTALIGHTS ;-)

hehe, i wont i promise. Ill keep them to way in all your faces =P. And yeah i need to get some money before i get one. Mabye when i start taking lessons the teacher will make me use one and hopfully give me one =P