A new musical find!

wraub

I work in radio, among other things, and I'm always looking for new music. I get emails all the time pushing new stuff, but, somehow, the ones I find on my own mean more. I may be weird. That being what it is, if you know of good new music, please post it here.
:)

That said, I have found a new (to me) band, on my own, that I think is good. Here they be: Husky Loops.

wraub

That music can still confuse preferences and lead one to consider new flavors is but a part of why music is my favorite toy, and my favorite tool.

Thanks for listening. :)

Not sure I can relate to the music. I do however enjoy the expansion of musical thought and innovative presentation. There is a chemistry and sincerity to what they do and I thank you for the opportunity to explore new music.

C.M. Jones

Though talented, they're a tad too techno and overproduced for my taste. There is, though, something I like about the music's mood. It conveys an indifferent urgency, if that oxymoron is permissible. It's calmly energetic or energetically calm, displaying self-control in the presence of chaos. Isn't that what each of us needs to survive in the twenty-first century?

Last edited:

wraub

My thanks to all for viewing and listening. I see this band as a sort of modern Gang Of Four, inverting tropes and conventions of commercial popular music through sampling, irony, and precision playing. They're all really young, but they all play with a kind of passion I respect.

I get that they're not for all, but that might be part of the appeal for me. ;)

Plus- decent sounds from Peavey drums. ;) :D

wraub

[snip]
here is, though, something I like about the music's mood. It conveys an indifferent urgency, if that oxymoron is permissible. It's calmly energetic or energetically calm, displaying self-control in the presence of chaos. Isn't that what each of us needs to survive in the twenty-first century?

This, to me, is perfect. "Indifferent urgency" nails it. "Calmly energetic" gets it done too.

The way they include ubiquitous and new, familiar and offbeat, creates a kind of tension that drives the music. But, calmly and earnestly presented without a lot of flourish. I dig it.

Again, thanks for listening. ;)

rhumbagirl

A pleasant alternative to the usual musical choices out there!