A "lick" of gratitude

A

Anthony Amodeo

I wanted to thank you guys for being so welcoming and kind to me during my first month of membership on the forum so I threw together a little video of a lick I like to use for you to add to your bag of tricks

nothing fancy just a little 2 bar thing that works real well for me in funky situations

there are 2 parts , they work well separately as well but I figured I would throw them together

each one broken down with sticking, then the lick applied (sort of... excuse my sloppiness :)...just a little hung over )

also ignore the terrible edits and the bad sound... recorded with my iPhone

try it out, and voice it wherever feels comfortable to you on the kit, its a blast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oy9CgqmUDI&context=C48588cbADvjVQa1PpcFNYipqDoPkpQxnN0Xw-WFcbQLypIsOe1CY=

Last edited:
I wanted to thank you guys for being so welcoming and kind to me during my first month of membership on the forum so I threw together a little video of a lick I like 2 use for you to add to your bag of tricks

... and thank you for joining the best drum forum in the world, thouroughly enjoying your imputs and your threads, the Did You Know? thread is a good one to revive these old brain cells of mine :)

Thanks for the licks, I'll certainely give them a go :)

That's a stunning groove and lick you've got going there, mister G. A real reggae feel poking through into something that sounds all cut up, DnB style. Really good stuff

That's a stunning groove and lick you've got going there, mister G. A real reggae feel poking through into something that sounds all cut up, DnB style. Really good stuff

thank you brother I appreciate the kind words

Great stuff,

Thanks for your excellent contributions to the discussion here. Keep on posting videos, you have some very cool vocabulary!

thats means tons coming from you Andrew

thank you

Wow that was tight. I would steal it if I could play it. Nice little drum cave you got there too. Appreciate this kind of stuff and hope you can put up with my beginner remarks.

Wow that was tight. I would steal it if I could play it. Nice little drum cave you got there too. Appreciate this kind of stuff and hope you can put up with my beginner remarks.

every last one of us has been a beginner

we work, we learn, and get a little bit better each and every day

thank you for the kind words my friend

Great lick and very well played! Super funky, man!

It's great to throw that double kick around, like even between both halves of the paradiddle (RLRRKKLRLLKK--makes for a tasty triplet lick, too...), or even "sprinkled" 4 times throughout (RLKKRRKKLRKKLLKK).

Funky funky funky!

Great lick and very well played! Super funky, man!

It's great to throw that double kick around, like even between both halves of the paradiddle (RLRRKKLRLLKK--makes for a tasty triplet lick, too...), or even "sprinkled" 4 times throughout (RLKKRRKKLRKKLLKK).

Funky funky funky!

than you, I love it funky my man

:)

and yeah those double kicks always free up the hands nicely and add so much to licks like these

Me too.

But let's just say I'm not happy with Kyle Williams right now. LOL.

oohhh... rough bro

who would have though we would see the day when a Ted Ginn injury could possibly be the difference in an NFC championship game

G-bro,

that is a very cool lick! I can see me stealing small sections of it to use in my crap, but not the full length version. Great control, you're obviously a classy player :)

I'd also like to acknowledge your enriching contribution to the forum. Good to have you here :):):)

Andy.

@ keep it simple - thank you for the kind words, I truly enjoy being part of the community here

@ Polly - you can totally do it, break it into sections and give it a try :)

hahahaha G-alphabet...read it as "give the drummer some"

Last edited:
Nice to have you on board,and your playing is great,thanks for the lick. I just noticed you're in Joisey,...what exit LOL.I'm on the Isle of Statten,home of the worlds largest garbage/landfill.:)

Steve B

Back