A great little find!

Spence

Went to a charity shop at the weekend and picked up a Count Basie LP for £2. When I got it home it had a program from his 1989 tour of the uk, a ticket stub from the London show (with Dizzy Gillespie) AND a program from his 1957 tour with Sonny Payne on drums.

Upon closer inspection the 1957 program turns out to be signed by Sonny Payne himself. Right next to where it lists his drum solo in the set. In immaculate condition too. Very happy indeed.

Spence

Bernhard

Founder Drummerworld
Staff member
good quality scan needed

send to Drummerworld for the Sonny Payne page...

Thanks a lot

Bernhard

Spence

Bernhard, I'll do my best re the scan.

I must say that the cover of the '57 program is awesome. Bright orange with just a picture of Basie's head. Quite funny actually. Oh, it's also signed by Joe Newman (Trumpet).

Rimshot1

Went to a charity shop at the weekend and picked up a Count Basie LP for £2. When I got it home it had a program from his 1989 tour of the uk, a ticket stub from the London show (with Dizzy Gillespie) AND a program from his 1957 tour with Sonny Payne on drums.

Upon closer inspection the 1957 program turns out to be signed by Sonny Payne himself. Right next to where it lists his drum solo in the set. In immaculate condition too. Very happy indeed.

Spence

From one Londoner to another, many congrats. Wow what a find. :)