A full week of drummy stuff :)

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Well, nothing unusual for you pro's out there, but for a born again hobby hack like me, it's great! Not since I earned my living playing drums decades ago, have I had an entire week doing nothing but drummy stuff :)

Band show rehearsal this afternoon/tonight (lighting timing, etc), working through the new series drums designs & shell sampling tomorrow through Thursday, trying the first batch of very innovative lugs Thursday through Friday, in the studio to record Guru samples Friday through Saturday, gig Saturday night, band practice Sunday PM & Monday evening. Phew, what a drum lover's week, and such variety too!

BTW, no time for the forum this week, so feel free to pull me apart while I'm gone :):):)

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
Haha, you're like a young fella again! How's you better half holding up?

So you guys are practising two nights a week now?

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Sounds like a fun-filled week. You won't miss much here, I think. So, you're doing a gig, are you? I'm requesting a video clip of your full version of Comfortably Numb please. But only if you want to. Later...

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Haha, you're like a young fella again! How's you better half holding up?

So you guys are practising two nights a week now?
No Pol, just once a week, but we've got an extra practice for lighting sync because of upcoming gigs.

The "better half" isn't too impressed THB, although she's a "good egg". It's all bringing back memories of the first time around, when she'd go from gig to gig in the role of drum widow :(

Young at heart, yes, but the body isn't too good at keeping pace.

Sounds like nirvana to me.

Davo
Thanks Dave. It would be nirvana if there wasn't so much pressure to get the new drum series absolutely right. I'm used to taking business risks, but when it's your own life savings, it's so much closer to home.

Sounds like a fun-filled week. You won't miss much here, I think. So, you're doing a gig, are you? I'm requesting a video clip of your full version of Comfortably Numb please. But only if you want to. Later...
Request received! Doing 3 gigs over the next couple of weeks, but I think there's only 1 where it's suitable for putting a camera out front. I'll see what I can do. Maybe it's a chance to redeem myself after that last dragging disaster (not that the audience noticed, but my pride did :( )

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Request received! Doing 3 gigs over the next couple of weeks, but I think there's only 1 where it's suitable for putting a camera out front. I'll see what I can do. Maybe it's a chance to redeem myself after that last dragging disaster (not that the audience noticed, but my pride did :( )
Awesome, man. I'm looking forward to it. I didn't see the dragging disaster or didn't notice because I saw your last couple of videos, I think.