A Friend of Mine's killer band

MikeM

Platinum Member
They're called Brokaw. We played a show with them a couple months back and they've been at it for years (older guys still slugging it out in the trenches like your's truly). Hopefully we'll be playing with them again in the not-too-distant future.

I really like the drummer's Acrolite and his 20" hats (Dream over ZHT). Pretty bichin' stuff if you ask me (which is why I'm posting it!). Great beat he's got going there, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rCtr6dBXrY&sns=fb

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't expect that! Tight as a duck's sphincta. I couldn't listen to their stuff for too long, it's just not me, but I love the drum groove pulse with the grinding bass. Lovely!

MikeM

Platinum Member
Didn't expect that! Tight as a duck's sphincta. I couldn't listen to their stuff for too long, it's just not me, but I love the drum groove pulse with the grinding bass. Lovely!
That guy's a really good bass player. Guitar is pretty smokin' too, although he's doing much more ambient stylings on this one. I like how scary it is. Oooooh!

20" hats?!? Sheesh! My largest crash is only 17"!

Pretty freaky stuff indeed. Personally I like a little more melody in a song, but other than that it's cool!