A few original songs

gusty

Platinum Member
These were recorded for my school's original music cd. The first one is my old rock band (we didnt have a singer at the time), second one was a one-off as was the third one. Not really my prefered style but it was fun anyway.

dam, i was sure i did the whole 'manage attatchments' thing right...oh well, check back in a little while and they should be up.

Ok, now i think its working.

Attachments

• 12 Track 12.mp3
    3.4 MB · Views: 177
  • 09 Track 9.mp3
    2.5 MB · Views: 190
  • 13 Track 13.mp3
    2.8 MB · Views: 180
Ok, hear goes, Gust:

Great job overall, but here are some specific comments

1st track - Very Stewart Copeland-esque. On the face of it, it seemed very unlike your previous post up style. Well played though..

The song with the chorus, was well played too as far as pop songs go ; ) .

My only comment on the 2 tunes would be to try and phrase even steady grooves, maybe every 8 measures, or perhaps accent some musical moments in the song instead of playing it straight through. There is a fine line between underplaying & overplaying sometimes..and there's a difference between steady and STEADY, to really bring out the pulse of the groove.

My favorite playing was on So you love me again. It was perfect! and all of what I am talking about was there. It was tight and grooved and was perfect for the song. Any working drummer will tell tell you THATS what you need to do.

my 2 pennies........

Thanks aydee

Yeah, its really not my style :p just wait till i get my jazz/funk band recorded ;)

Im glad So you love me again turned out well. i was consiously thinking about what i was playing and what the other guys wanted to hear me play. :) thanks for giving them all a listen

Hey gusty...

I liked the first on best. I thought you used your kit quite well. I'm a sucker for toms being used to accent a song and I feel you did pretty good in that one.

Number 2 Just didn't do it for me. It seed like your timing wavered and it was distracting.

Number 3 was OK. Solid playing, good accompaniment...nothing to write home about.

Aydee alluded to being STEADY. I thought Number 1 was the most steady; Number 2 the least steady. I'm sure the Numbers 2 and 3 would benefit greatly with a more solid back beat...a little more authority, if you will.

Pretty good over all, though.

Hey gusty...

I liked the first on best. I thought you used your kit quite well. I'm a sucker for toms being used to accent a song and I feel you did pretty good in that one.

Number 2 Just didn't do it for me. It seed like your timing wavered and it was distracting.

Number 3 was OK. Solid playing, good accompaniment...nothing to write home about.

Aydee alluded to being STEADY. I thought Number 1 was the most steady; Number 2 the least steady. I'm sure the Numbers 2 and 3 would benefit greatly with a more solid back beat...a little more authority, if you will.

Pretty good over all, though.

Thanks. This is all stuff to take into the studio next year.

I thought my timing was fine (talking in general here) but its obvious it needs more work...everything i practise (except for when im first learning something) is with a metronome. Its close, but not spot on.

And i definately agree with you on the backbeat.

Back