A few exercises for my shut in lock down drumming brothers and sisters

NUTHA JASON

Senior Administrator
What a weird time we live in. I'm teaching online drum lessons wall to wall at the moment and to make things easier I'm getting my pupils to drill a lot of stuff on the pad. So I have been knocking several worksheets out for them and I thought I would share them with you guys. I teach all abilities so these are in no particular order. Have a go - have fun, keep safe. as I make more of these I'll add them to this thread.

shirley.jpg

NUTHA JASON

Senior Administrator
Okay so this one isn't for pad but a few pupils were struggling with feeling the shuffle triplet needed for Jazz. Maybe it will help

jazz.jpg

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
Yes sir. Thanks for putting these out there. It Hertas Everywhere was fun. I used Shirley Murphy and Friends around the kit for 2 bar breaks. I played 2 bars of swing time and then, for example, Line H + Line H left hand lead off. I just repeated Line H and swapped the sticking. It makes for a good warm up and idea builder.

Thanks again for putting these out!

NUTHA JASON

Senior Administrator
Yes sir. Thanks for putting these out there. It Hertas Everywhere was fun. I used Shirley Murphy and Friends around the kit for 2 bar breaks. I played 2 bars of swing time and then, for example, Line H + Line H left hand lead off. I just repeated Line H and swapped the sticking. It makes for a good warm up and idea builder.

Thanks again for putting these out!
excellent - the swiss cheese paradiddle idea is very popular among my pupils - its good for me too, because every time i teach that lesson we get different results and i get to try them out and strengthen my vocab. i also challenge my top students to swing their creations.

Zaster

Thanks for sharing! Did you make these? If so, may I ask what you use to lay them out like this (notation software?) They look great, clear and well-organized. (Ex-graphic designer here! :))

NUTHA JASON

Senior Administrator
Thanks for sharing! Did you make these? If so, may I ask what you use to lay them out like this (notation software?) They look great, clear and well-organized. (Ex-graphic designer here! :))
Thank you Zaster. I custom made my own bmp file and compile these on microsoft paint. Here is the file location if you want to use it: http://jasonhorsler.tripod.com/musicwriter.html

I made the whole book this way. it took many hundreds of hours but is totally under my control.