A drumshop no longer....

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
Jack's drum shop in Boston was a mainstay for many years. Pros and students would jam into that store.

I used to love going there to drool over the drums that I couldn't really afford decades ago as a student but would still make some small purchases. Closed for quite some time now.

Last edited:

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

I am very lucky to still have Columbus Pro Percussion. They have stood the test of time since 1980. My home away from home. Every piece of drum gear I own is from them. All of our gear at school is from them. They give my beginning/younger students a deal on their new equipment. If they don't have it, they can get it, and I would rather wait and get it from them than do the on line thing.

We had a few other local regular music shops too, but they were never great at carrying and having drum knowledge. They were good for all other instruments, but sadly, both of them lost their ways from a customer service standpoint and went away.

incrementalg

Gold Member
Jack's drum shop in Boston was a mainstay for many years. Pros and students would jam into that store.

I used to love going there to drool over the drums that I couldn't really afford decades ago as a student but would still make some small purchases. Closed for quite some time now.
Loved going into Jack’s!