A couple of originals from my pop/rock/indie/prog band

Wavelength

Platinum Member
Have a listen to them here. The page is en Finnois, but I gather you can locate the "play" buttons.

PS. I found out it's rather difficult to play rock convincingly if you're mainly a jazz guy...

Have a listen to them here. The page is en Finnois, but I gather you can locate the "play" buttons.

PS. I found out it's rather difficult to play rock convincingly if you're mainly a jazz guy...
I think you did a great job. Certainly a lot better than me trying to play jazz!!! I think your jazz flavour came through. That's a good thing IMO. Good backbeat, nice kick placement, riding crashes fits well with the inde genre. Nice work & a good vibe. The guitarist did stuff up a couple of chords early on in the first track though.

Hey, I'm missing those funky foot doubles, J : ).....

I know what you mean, but you are a tasteful player and it does come thru anyway.

Hey, I'm missing those funky foot doubles, J : ).....

I know what you mean, but you are a tasteful player and it does come thru anyway.

I guess I can reveal this closely guarded secret now... You see, I'm in the process of writing a new tune just for you, 'dee. It consists of seven movements, each containing precicely seventeen minutes of nothing but funky foot doubles in various tempi. I'm sure you'll dig it!

Thanks for listening, lads! I've never really played or practiced playing this sort of music which requires a balls-out heavy handed approach and a somewhat angular time keeping -- maybe time distribution might be a term better suited for this stuff. Our primus motor is constantly coming up with strangely convulted guitar parts and pushing me to go beyond the boom-chuck I'm meagerly trying to offer. Quite interestingly, playing with this group of non-professionals has offered me weekly doses of learning experiences quite unlike those I've enjoyed before.

. Our primus motor is constantly coming up with strangely convulted guitar parts and pushing me to go beyond the boom-chuck I'm meagerly trying to offer. Quite interestingly, playing with this group of non-professionals has offered me weekly doses of learning experiences quite unlike those I've enjoyed before.

Nothing wrong with boom-chuck but you have to embrace it to turn it from chore to performance. Great to hear you're getting useful learning experiences from your band mates. Remember, doing anything well, no matter how meagre, requires the skils of interpretation, performance & restraint. I liked what you did, don't knock it.

Back