$900 axis pedal

And I remember my parents screaming about paying $50 for a new Ludwig Speed King for me back in 1978. My how times have changed.

Actually, for me they haven't. I have a couple of Iron Cobra Jrs. that I picked up for $40 each....I just didn't scream about the price. I'm trying to find a nice Tama/Camco pedal now...

I'd rather not pay an arm, a leg, an eye, three fingers, both ears, the other arm, the other leg and half a brain for a pedal that i might not be fully comfortable with playing.

I'd have to get rid of half my brain to even consider spending that much on even just a single pedal, anyway.

Absolutely ludicrous.
xoxo

This pedals look cool but 900.00 is just way too much money for a double pedal.
The A 21 Lazer double goes for less than 900 do a search.
FYI My original Axis shortboard double pedals cost me over 900 in the 90's
If you want a the BEST you need to pay a bit more..
FYI there are also other double pedals over 1100.00 and no where close to AXIS
Tim

The A 21 Lazer double goes for less than 900 do a search.
FYI My original Axis shortboard double pedals cost me over 900 in the 90's
If you want a the BEST you need to pay a bit more..
FYI there are also other double pedals over 1100.00 and no where close to AXIS
Tim

Those A 21 Lazer pedals would still go for a lot more than a lot of other pedals out there. Under or over 900.

No Axis pedals are the BEST. The best pedal is the one that you feel really planted and comfortable playing. And if you feel comfortable with something like a DW 4000 series, then you don't necessarily NEED to pay a bit more.

Again, why pay over A GRAND for a pedal that might not feel as comfortable as a heavier pedal for less money. I'd happilt take a grand and spend 750 on a kit and 250 on a really nice pedal that i like the feel of.

I just don't see the practicality in paying that much for a pedal. Unless, of course, you have a butt load of money and know you like the feel of them.

xoxo

Hey Tim, With the foot board of the laser being so wide does it mess with the positioning of the hi hat pedal in a strange way when using the double pedal version of the laser? I just want to make sure that it would not push the hi hat pedal futher away or make me have to play it at a strange angle because of how wide the laser foot board is.

Also, do you think that the laser will be in production for good like the other axis pedals that have been around for years? Have they been selling well enough for axis to continue making them and selling them for years to come? I ask because i just want to make sure that if i get one that there will be support for the pedal with parts and things like that for a lot of years.

Also, do you think that the laser will be in production for good like the other axis pedals that have been around for years? Have they been selling well enough for axis to continue making them and selling them for years to come? I ask because i just want to make sure that if i get one that there will be support for the pedal with parts and things like that for a lot of years.

If this is a concern for you, why don't you just buy the AL2 longboards? Quit beating around the bush and start beating your drumhead with a new pedal! :)

If this is a concern for you, why don't you just buy the AL2 longboards? Quit beating around the bush and start beating your drumhead with a new pedal! :)

I had the AL2 longboards a few years ago. I did not like them that much because of the lack of power (i dont trigger and dont plan to). I also did not like all the alan wrenchs that i had to use to adjust things. Also, the slave beater from my double pedal slipped forward and to be honest i assumed that that would just get worse over time. I admit that im picky with pedals :)

The only 'lack of power' from Axis pedals is due to lack of power in the player. They are as close to a direct translation of foot to drum as can be had and because of this they are unforgiving for sloppiness in play.

Many players will check them out in a store and find them lacking because they reveal the players imprecision then they spread the word of the pedals being 'weak'.

The reason why they 'feel' less powerful is because the moving parts are so much lighter that the 'felt' resistance to movement is so much lower. This resistance is known as 'inertia'. More mass, more inertia. More inertia means that you need more energy to accelerate it at the same speed, and this is why Axis 'feels' less powerful...because it takes less power/energy to play them than other pedals. The beater hits the head with as much or more energy than other pedals.

Because they are so different in moving mass and because of the direct linkage, new players generally need to get comfortable with them for a few weeks. When they get comfortable with them, they generally never go back to chain/strap drive pedals.

The only 'lack of power' from Axis pedals is due to lack of power in the player. They are as close to a direct translation of foot to drum as can be had and because of this they are unforgiving for sloppiness in play.

Many players will check them out in a store and find them lacking because they reveal the players imprecision then they spread the word of the pedals being 'weak'.

The reason why they 'feel' less powerful is because the moving parts are so much lighter that the 'felt' resistance to movement is so much lower. This resistance is known as 'inertia'. More mass, more inertia. More inertia means that you need more energy to accelerate it at the same speed, and this is why Axis 'feels' less powerful...because it takes less power/energy to play them than other pedals. The beater hits the head with as much or more energy than other pedals.

Because they are so different in moving mass and because of the direct linkage, new players generally need to get comfortable with them for a few weeks. When they get comfortable with them, they generally never go back to chain/strap drive pedals.

All i know is that i used them for a good while and they had less power then any other pedal that i have ever used. I dont like to have to stomp super hard on a pedal to get it to have volume. This is what i had to do to get power out of that pedal and that is just too much work. I did like the lighter feel, but not at a cost of loss of power. The laser, from what i can tell from what i have read, fixes this problem.

I found myself in most recent months, actually bringing the beaters a little closer (thus dropping the pedal board height) on my AL-2s just about an inch...which as they were a little further back, I had to work a little harder to keep the up-tempo stuff, uptempo. I used to think that because I had these huge size 13's, that I needed a little more height and a little more distance from the beaters to the batter in order to keep some flexible distance. I found the medium, and felt normal...but. A little change never hurt.

So by shortening the distance, I did in fact take some power out of the stroke and definitely don't hit the batter as hard, but I can say for sure that I'm not working nearly as hard from foot to knee to keep the same actions. For one little moment, I worried about volume...till my first few shows with the change...and haven't looked back as it just not a problem. No triggers.

I'd say that the Axis AL-2's (longboards) are the most versatile on the market. They can be adjusted to every preference, to meet every need or desire. It's just that simple.

Back