7/8 Fusion Play Along

Anon La Ply

Renegade
More rocky and raw drumming than you'd expect with this music - I liked it. Enjoyed your groove and the transitions between snare and the various rides for texture changes.

Only criticism is I found your fills a bit boring - I mean, they were good but the toms sounded dead ... so what I was getting was a somewhat blurred-sounding flurry of notes before a crash. To be fair, it's harder to fill in 7/8.

Overall, well done.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I enjoyed that, & you were clearly getting into the odd sig' vibe :)

aydee

Platinum Member
Very good time, very nice touch on the drums.

A bit mechanical though.. sounded like you were trying too hard..

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Very cool, I like the pulse of your groove, and yes a nice touch, some "rigid & tense" feeling at places, but since you never played in odd time sig before, it's really well played with a good interaction and ideas in the solo over the vamp at the end.

areFish

Silver Member
I enjoyed that, & you were clearly getting into the odd sig' vibe :)
I appreciate your taking the time to view and comment and letting me know you enjoyed it!

Very good time, very nice touch on the drums.

A bit mechanical though.. sounded like you were trying too hard..

Thank you for the feedback. I totally agree with your assessment. I was trying very hard.

Very cool, I like the pulse of your groove, and yes a nice touch, some "rigid & tense" feeling at places, but since you never played in odd time sig before, it's really well played with a good interaction and ideas in the solo over the vamp at the end.
Thank you very much for the kind words and critique. I believe that rigidness comes from a lack of familiarity with the time signature and nerves of playing in front of a camera. Part of this exercise was to try to get past the camera shyness. I now know what a vamp is, thanks again.