5 Brady Snare Drums for Sale Now on eBay

Anyone know how well Evetts or Red Rocks snares compare with a Brady?
I've had 3 Red Rocks and they're great, but the Brady connected the staves with glued dove tail joints and has different bearing edges, while the Red Rocks will customize any thickness you want in staves but no dove tail joints, just glue

A friend I use to go to church with had a big windfall and decided he was going to take up drums. He went crazy buying kits-a rack of snares and made himself a huge drum cave. He had a beech 6 piece SQ2 set up across from a big Brady 6 piece ply-I think Jarrah. Both were the sweetest kits I'd every played at that point. The Sonor is more focused modern sound and the Brady was a big open sound I'd love to play in a big band or just live no mics. Between those kits and the wall of snares it was like a heavenly experience and a great day. I'm sure I've told this story before but I like telling it because "that feeling" of the experience comes over me-woo hoo. It's where I met and fell in love with my favorite snare-it was love at first sight.

I got to rehearse on a Brady 7 by 12 jarred ply,it was tuned med high and had a great crack and lots of depth,it worked great as a primary snare.It is the only 12 inch snare I have heard that could do that convincingly.

I got to rehearse on a Brady 7 by 12 jarred ply,it was tuned med high and had a great crack and lots of depth,it worked great as a primary snare.It is the only 12 inch snare I have heard that could do that convincingly.
Can you imagine the block version. It gives so much extra body its is a main snare by preference.

Although I think I still prefer a 13x7, as that is my favorite snare size in general.

Maybe someone will trade one day.

That's what Brady's do..the depth is what impresses me. I've listened to endless YouTube stave/block snaredrums and the Brady's are light years ahead. If I ever see a 7x13 lemon scent gum Brady..preferably in black I'll pounce on it like a crazed baboon.

I’ve heard people compare the Tama SLP spotted gum snare to Brady. Anyone done a blind A/B?

I’ve heard people compare the Tama SLP spotted gum snare to Brady. Anyone done a blind A/B?
Damn...i was just looking at that very drum an hour ago on eBay thinking hmm?..7x13 which is the Brady size I prefer. Uh oh. Off to YouTube again.

Chris Brady..a chain saw..and a Jarrah tree..you seem to have forgotten something...MAGIC. Neal Pert mentioned the Tama spotted gum 7x13..ive done some research on that drum..sound files etc and if you can't find a Brady 😥 that snaredrum is the fullest beefiest 13 I've listened to outside of the ever elusive Brady.

Chris Brady..a chain saw..and a Jarrah tree..you seem to have forgotten something...MAGIC. Neal Pert mentioned the Tama spotted gum 7x13..ive done some research on that drum..sound files etc and if you can't find a Brady 😥 that snaredrum is the fullest beefiest 13 I've listened to outside of the ever elusive Brady.
Yeah you're right! Apparently he spoke to other manufacturers about his idea and was told it couldn't work. There are lots of other companies who've since tried it and had issues with snares cracking but I've never heard of a Brady solid having issues so he clearly has the magic touch.

There are videos on YouTube of the 14x6.5 brady spotted gum but I've not heard of a 13x7 spotted gum by Brady.

Yeah... The Brady Bunch!

Drummer_D

That is one Beauty. Enjoy! Thanks for showing us.

Drummer_D
No worries! If you want any more photos then let me know. I'm over the moon with the snare and more than happy to send photos if anyone is interested

To all you guys too cheap to buy a Brady snare, there is a set of Brady snare wires on sale for $200. Sounds like a bargain.
We are not too cheap to buy a Brady snare they're just not available like they used to be and we're not going to be fools and pay outrageous prices either. I think I speak for most of my "Drum Buddies"!

Cheers!
Drummer_D

Last edited:
I bought my first Brady back in the early 90’s, and I’ve played it on many recordings over the years and everyone who heard it loved! Producers especially. I was lucky enough to become quite friendly with Chris Brady and he made me 2 custom made drum kits, and 2x custom snares! I feel very honoured to own these instruments and I don’t care how much money people think they are worth, they are priceless to me.
Anyone who thinks they are over priced clearly hasn’t spent much time playing and recording with these unique gems.
Chris Brady has the magic touch!
If only everyone knew the sad story of how badly burnt he has been from the business, and that he basically he went bankrupt making these drums. He is really an artist, that uses rare indigenous Australia timber to make art for us to create music with.

Back