4 bands ago in a studio far far away...

MikeM

Platinum Member
Okay, here's my first offering to this section of DW so take it easy on me...

I dredged this up (from '98) because I think we're about to put this band back together for kicks. The intro was blatantly lifted from Cool Hand Luke (Paul Newman).

Attachments

Last edited:

daredrummer

Gold Member
That was pretty cool!
I didn't really like the vocals on that particular song, but it's not out of tune or anything so I'm sure I'd like them on a different song.

Great drumming too, very solid all around. Only thing I didn't really like was the ride cymbal... Too bright and pingy IMO.

Nodiggie

Gold Member
It RAWKED !

Nice to hear you are entertaining the idea of working with the old group again. I am currently resurrecting an old original from my old band too.

MikeM

Platinum Member
Great drumming too, very solid all around. Only thing I didn't really like was the ride cymbal... Too bright and pingy IMO.
Thanks! That ride is hard for me to hear now, too. It was a 22" A Medium Ride. It's long gone by now. I have a 22" 2oo2 Ride that I alternate with a 20" K Ride. Neither of those are as prominent as that Zildjian was.

I get you on the vocals; they're not for everyone. But I like his influences, so I'm more inclined to hear his vocals with that as a common reference.

It RAWKED !

Nice to hear you are entertaining the idea of working with the old group again. I am currently resurrecting an old original from my old band too.
Gracias! I'm pretty excited about the new version since we will likely be working with a really cool bass player.

This older recording was done as a two-piece with the guitar player putting down the bass tracks after the fact.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Holy cow, no room for breathing in that track. Solid, thumping, totally over the top drumming, love it!!! Was the whole set like that? You must have muscles on your muscles!

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
Mike, I can't say I liked the track (just about knocked me off my seat!) but your drumming was impressive. Totally rocked out. Not a Pridgen fan by any chance, are you?

Last edited:

aydee

Platinum Member
'''

Kick butt drumming, Mike. Phatt, grooving, hi-energy, lots of notes but everything in place, and totally in control. Loved it. You're pretty damn good!

PS- what was with the mis-direction up front? Tribal Tech did that once in a tune, live. Cheesy lizard lounge, and just when everyone was comatose, all hell broke loose.

Last edited:

MikeM

Platinum Member
Thanks guys! Yeah, busy as all giddyup drumming for sure. You can probably hear the fatigue in it, but it's just rock and roll, right? The Foil stuff I posted was a lot less busy.

@KIS - No not a lot of room for much else, that's true. As a two piece playing shows it was a challenge to make us sound big so I filled everything up. Musically, it's all a wall of noise anyway so there aren't many melodies to trample. And yes, the whole set was pretty much like that. Curious to see if I can still do it!

@Pol - Huge Pridgen fan, but he wasn't on my radar in '98. I'd gladly cede the throne to him on that now, though. That would be fun to hear.

@Abe - Yep the old bait-and-switch routine. Cliche but still fun!

specgrade

I was just about to fall asleep when you hit the nitrous button. I really enjoyed the tune after that. Great drumming indeed! I liked the ride cymbal, btw.