30" Zildjian for sale

johnnylaw

just saw this on the Worcester MA craigslist. In case anybody's needs this (you know who you are), the guy wants to sell it to the most passionate drummer.

I have no association with the seller.

caddywumpus

Platinum Member
It would certainly take somebody passionate enough to pay $1500 for it. Hopefully more passionate than this seller, who hasn't played it since 1980. It does make a nice wall decoration, though...

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
I swear we had a thread about this cymbal a few years ago too.

Did they previous buyer decide to sell, or is it the same person still trying to sell it years later?

Humm....

wildbill

Platinum Member
I think my 24" Zildjian Medium ride is too big and heavy sometimes. It sounds pretty good though.

That 30" one must be really gong-like. Have to put it on the wall 'cause it'd probably crush a stand - LOL.

And ya - I think I remember a thread about it a while ago.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I think a 26" swish would go nice with my 24" ride. I'd seriously consider one of those - but I think Billy Cobham was the only guy who had one.

8Mile

Platinum Member
I thought of Bo the second I read the title.

Heh, what are you using for a splash cymbal these days, Bo? An 18" crash? :)

johnnylaw

That's funny as he11.

Did you see the photo of the cymbal hanging on the wall?

I wonder if it is sufficiently bowed to make an artisan (Turkish) bird bath.

KirbyM

I think a 26" swish would go nice with my 24" ride. I'd seriously consider one of those - but I think Billy Cobham was the only guy who had one.
Bo -

Phil Ehart of the band Kansas used a 26" A. Zildjian Medium Ride.

I had an opportunity to purchase a used one around 1970, but for some crazy reason, backed out of the deal. Oh, how I wish I had that cymbal today!

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Bo -

Phil Ehart of the band Kansas used a 26" A. Zildjian Medium Ride.

I had an opportunity to purchase a used one around 1970, but for some crazy reason, backed out of the deal. Oh, how I wish I had that cymbal today!
That must've been an awesome loud sound!

I did dig Billy's 26" swish - you can hear it on Spectrum and Inner Conflicts - it was just this low pitched trashy sound - so much more desireable than the high-pitched 18s and 20s everyone else seems to use.