2nd kit

Piebe

I am happy with my Mapex customized big city kit in red sparkle, but i realized i will even be happier when i have two drum kits!

Even though i know deep down inside there are more important expenses than getting a second kit i could not help myself!

So this morning i pulled the trigger on a Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz in White Marine Pearl. I know a lot of people will condemn me about this, but that only makes the drums sound phatter.

Yes i did it, i bought a second kit!

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
Why would anyone condem you for owning a second kit?
The Cat Jazz in WMP finish is a great kit.

~Congrats and enjoy your new kit.~

It is OK to own multiple kits of different brands, sizes, etc.
It is actually very common for a drummer to own several kits.
Variety is the spice of life.

john gerrard

Piebe, I think you are going to be really happy with you new CCJ kit. At the moment I have three sets (although I'm trying to sell two of them). I find myself playing the Cats the most. Best wishes. John

soulfly28

I've been struggling with this for about a year now. I would like a second kit, but do not need one. I currently have an old premier Olympic kit(1968-1976) and have tossed around buying another kit that isn't a starter. My wife seems to think that electricity and still having a house are priorities. I am also still deciding on what to get.

AirborneSFC

Gold Member
Good on you! I have three kits. Two that I gig on a regular basis. I find I am always doing maintenance on one and I keep the other always ready to go. My third is a Jazz kit that mainly stays in the band rehearsal space.

harryconway

Platinum Member
Buddy of mine has a CCJ in Champagne Sparkle. Certainly, you could do much worse, for the money. Enjoy your 2nd kit.​

Piebe

Thanks for all the positive responses!

I really shouldn't have done it but it's too late now anyway.When i have my 2nd kit i will sort out how to pay my bills and such.

Piebe

I've been struggling with this for about a year now. I would like a second kit, but do not need one. I currently have an old premier Olympic kit(1968-1976) and have tossed around buying another kit that isn't a starter. My wife seems to think that electricity and still having a house are priorities. I am also still deciding on what to get.
Heck, i sure as hell didn't need mine, i just want it.

Maybe you should divorce and get a second wife too! ;)

wildbill

Platinum Member
You never know. Maybe you'll like the Gretsch enough that you'll sell the Mapex.

If not, just think of one as a spare. Nothing wrong with two kits.
After getting back into drumming, I went a bit overboard and have four kits now - too many. Only two are set up, and two will probably go.
I'm having a hard time deciding which two though.

Piebe

You never know. Maybe you'll like the Gretsch enough that you'll sell the Mapex.
I doubt it!
If not, just think of one as a spare. Nothing wrong with two kits.
After getting back into drumming, I went a bit overboard and have four kits now - too many. Only two are set up, and two will probably go.
I'm having a hard time deciding which two though.
Four is a lot indeed.
I have only the hardware for one kit to set up at a time.