23" Bass drum... I'm not alone am I?

kissarmyfreak

I have a wonderful sounding bass drum it's 23" x 26"

So I was looking through other threads & I was wondering, Am I the only one here that has a 23" kick?
hope not.

Any one?

YUPPERS cat fish!

23" around & 26" deep!

Last edited:
Damn. Such an epic bass drum. Never heard of 23", its a unique size for sure. But I bet that drum sounds crazy awesome. Is that the one is your picture? It looks like a ROCKET LAUNCHER OF SOUND

Damn. Such an epic bass drum. Never heard of 23", its a unique size for sure. But I bet that drum sounds crazy awesome. Is that the one is your picture? It looks like a ROCKET LAUNCHER OF SOUND

yes it is. It has a Remo power stroke 3 head. The sound totally kicks you in the chest it's great.

Never saw a drum head for a 23" in the shops I visit..sounds like it might be hard to get..

yes it's actually a real pain to get it has to be special ordered. I have found it from 3 places. GC, Music123 & Forks drum closet

Remo will pretty much special order any of their heads in any size you need. Contact a pro drum shop and just order a few to have on hand. I'm willing to guess like their 11" & 15" black dot brethren, nobody will have them in stock ;)

You are in good company. Neil Peart uses one. :) That is why DW has them now. Neil wanted the feel of a 22" and the sound of a 24". He compromised with the 23"

Remo will pretty much special order any of their heads in any size you need. Contact a pro drum shop and just order a few to have on hand. I'm willing to guess like their 11" & 15" black dot brethren, nobody will have them in stock ;)

Very true, that's why I've tracked down 3 sources to get that head from.

The more research I do about all this I'm beging to think that this kit started out as a DW kit.

I can see inside the bass where someone took 2, 23" drums & put them together to get the length of 26".
then the tom sizes are 10"x8", 12"x 9" & the 14" x 5.5 wood snare.
It's almost like someone took those & added the older Pearl look with standard 16"x16" & 18"x16" floor toms.

Either way I'm very pleased with the set up & it all sounds & works great for me.

I played the DW 23.
I really liked it. I does feel like a 22, but sound like a 24. It's pretty cool IMO.

Don't think any other makers are going to jump on the size though, which is kind of a shame because it's a totally viable size, and a great sounding drum.

Heads would be a pain (as was stated), but, that's why you get a couple to have on hand if you need them.

Back