2021 NAMM Drum Gear

Bwa ha ha :ROFLMAO:

"Hey - let's put our orders in for a bunch of stuff"

"But we don't even know what they have"

"Who cares - we'll order stuff and people will have to take whatever they get"

"Sounds like a plan - let's get to work" ?
No that's what I'm trying to say, they already know what the new releases are because the companies have already sent press releases to them, before it's publicly announced to consumers. That's how Sweetwater etc already have product pages ready to go once NAMM starts; they had to make those in advance. So like for instance PDP has redesigned stands and pedals this year, so Sweetwater has already received all the information and placed their order.

Also for retailers like Sweetwater, if they are a dealer for whichever company, they're receiving the new products from that company anyway, they just tell them how much to send. So basically this whole process happens independent of NAMM. It's probably different for local stores though.

(y) Thanks for doing the leg work.
I'm really liking the Neusonics.

Of course - jokes don't always come across well on the internet. :ROFLMAO:
I just wish we got normal sized lugs, bigger bass drum claws and fully painted kick drum hoops. it could be what a Starclassic W/B is to Tama. A relatively affordable kit that has all the high end features you want. But I agree, the new updates to the finishes, sizes and bass drum legs really made this kit more desirable.

But if the Neusonic got the upgrades I mentioned, I fear it would outsell every other Ludwig kit by quite a bit. So probably not going to happen. But a fantastic kit.

Took a peek online with Sweetwater - just a bunch of meh but I wasn't expecting a whole lot this time around.

The newer/reworked PDP Concept stands and pedals are probably the most interesting, and look well-made. If I was in the current market for some stands I'd give them a go.

Just ran across this video. It's of the previous set, but the only changes are the colors and some hardware.
I think they sound great. I don't have them, but was impressed when I tried them.

also now there's the fab size instead of the 22/12/16

Btw none of these videos were found on the NAMM site, haha. Good old-fashioned Youtube search.

I think a real failure here is that I'm on Ludwig's mailing list and they haven't sent out anything regarding new product. Same applies to the others I subscribe to, crickets.

Thanks.

Neusonic is still, to me, soooo disappointing in those dullsville finishes. Doesn't Ludwig know the sizzle is more important to most buyers than the steak. Make a few sparkle and pearl laminates for gosh sakes. The things would fly off the shelves competing with made in Asia Gretsch, Tama, Mapex, and Sonor at that price point.

Btw none of these videos were found on the NAMM site, haha. Good old-fashioned Youtube search.

Thanks.

Neusonic is still, to me, soooo disappointing in those dullsville finishes. Doesn't Ludwig know the sizzle is more important to most buyers than the steak. Make a few sparkle and pearl laminates for gosh sakes. The things would fly off the shelves competing with made in Asia Gretsch, Tama, Mapex, and Sonor at that price point.
i'm sure they're going to have more finishes later on, seems to me that this release was more about the new hardware and sizes in the Neusonic line.

Back