2016 Black Gold Duco Ludwig Club

Gorgeous!
That's the Super Classic configuration. I have my eye on the same sizes in natural maple.
Now do yourself a favor and grab a Club Date snare. I love my 6.5x14.

I've been thinking about it. I have my supraphonic 400 currently with my club date & my 6.5x14 black beauty with my classic maple kit. I guess that I could use a wood snare to round them out. Hahahahaha

Congratulations on a truly classy looking drum kit. I've been jonesing for the Pro Beat Version since they came out, preferably Blue Strata.

I've been thinking about it. I have my supraphonic 400 currently with my club date & my 6.5x14 black beauty with my classic maple kit. I guess that I could use a wood snare to round them out. Hahahahaha

The Club Date would be a nice alternative to your other snares.
It's pitched a bit lower than a Classic Maple, due to the rounded edges and poplar core.

Attachments

• My Club Date 6.5x14 natural maple.jpg
    My Club Date 6.5x14 natural maple.jpg
    588.6 KB · Views: 388
When did the club Dates go to imperial lugs instead of bow ties?

The newest version of the Club Date line was introduced at the winter NAMM show in January. Many have been wanting Ludwig to make imperial lugs available for wood drums and this was Ludwig's response. However, at the same time some feel that the new Club Dates should've maintained the traditional center-mounted bow tie lugs. I had not been a big fan of imperial lugs but I have to admit that they've grown on me since seeing them on the new Club Dates. I like the satin natural finish shown in the photo jbonzo1 posted, but I also think the silver mist would look great paired with a superphonic.

The colors are nice, and I'm sure they sound great, but I don't care for that single lug in the center look myself.

The colors are nice, and I'm sure they sound great, but I don't care for that single lug in the center look myself.

It's definitely a different vibe but has become trendy in recent years with similar offerings by C&C, Craviotto, Pork Pie and Gretsch, to name a few. They seem to show up on their less expensive lines which unfortunately gives them a reputation for not being in the same class as their other lines. However, the shells are often similar to their higher priced offerings and in the case of the new Club Dates, offer great bang for the buck for a U.S. made kit.

Great looking kit... I like!!

You appear to be rather squished into a corner though! :-(

The Club Date would be a nice alternative to your other snares.
It's pitched a bit lower than a Classic Maple, due to the rounded edges and poplar core.

What's your thoughts on the p85ac? I tried getting two to put on my 400 & black beauty but I found out recently that it's discontinued.

Does anyone know if Ludwig would do one of these kits in a different wrap from the Classic Maple line? I know they'll even do a customer supplied wrap on Classic Maple drums and since the Club Dates are made in the same Monroe NC facility, I wonder if this is an option through a Ludwig dealer, perhaps at a higher price? I would love one of these kits in a traditional or aged white marine pearl finish.

Does anyone know if Ludwig would do one of these kits in a different wrap from the Classic Maple line? I know they'll even do a customer supplied wrap on Classic Maple drums and since the Club Dates are made in the same Monroe NC facility, I wonder if this is an option through a Ludwig dealer, perhaps at a higher price? I would love one of these kits in a traditional or aged white marine pearl finish.

Have a Ludwig dealer ask about it. That's the easiest way.
I would think right now they are busy filling orders and probably would not do it. Maybe next year, at NAMM, they will add more finishes.

And, I would love the option of the m/p/m shell in the Classic Maple line.

Sweet looking kit,Back and gold Duco is my personal Fave of the duco finishes.

Those flat imperials look great on snare drums also IMO.

If the line does well I would assume Ludwig would start offering more finish options initially.Maybe offer some more diameter options next,although the original club date line was more limited as far as sizes went.

As far as Ludwig doing a buyer supplied wrap I have heard a few different answers on that,I know they offered the option,but I have heard they are not doing it anymore to they will do it through certain dealers,I would contact the 5 star drum shop dealers that carry the line and some of the other dealers that have a good rep.

Sweet looking kit,Back and gold Duco is my personal Fave of the duco finishes.

Those flat imperials look great on snare drums also IMO.

If the line does well I would assume Ludwig would start offering more finish options initially.Maybe offer some more diameter options next,although the original club date line was more limited as far as sizes went.

As far as Ludwig doing a buyer supplied wrap I have heard a few different answers on that,I know they offered the option,but I have heard they are not doing it anymore to they will do it through certain dealers,I would contact the 5 star drum shop dealers that carry the line and some of the other dealers that have a good rep.

They have a 14x18 bass drum and a 16x18 floor tom component drums.

Back