20" Crash Help

bradmapex

Hi, I'm looking for a 20" preferably thin or med-thin, because i don't want it to be gongy, i want somthing that can open up quickly and easily. I'd prefer Sabian but any of the big 3 would be fine. And also for sound qualities i would prefer something either bright, but with a dark shimmer or real dark but rich. Thanks
b r a d .

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
Try the 19 inch K Custom Hybrid. I know, Not a 20 inch, but close.
It is bright and it really shimmers. The bell is excellent also.

MikeM

Platinum Member
I would suggest either the AAXplosion or the Giant Beat. I haven't tried the HHXplosion, but that's a mighty expensive crash right there. The AAX is plenty dark - especially if you're used to Zildjian (like me).

Solaris

Silver Member
I own a 20" HHX Plosion crash, and man is it beautiful. Rather dark and low pitched, but very lively. Try out the AAX version as well before deciding.

MikeM and I seem to be banging on about these cymbals a lot lately...

zepplin92

ive been looking for same thing you are, and from a little searching i kinda like the sabian Hand Hammered, their nice. Good luck let me know what you get.

MikeM

Platinum Member
I own a 20" HHX Plosion crash, and man is it beautiful. Rather dark and low pitched, but very lively. Try out the AAX version as well before deciding.

MikeM and I seem to be banging on about these cymbals a lot lately...
Yeah, and I've been keeping an eye out for the HHX but I haven't spotted one yet. Dying to try one, though.

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
Second that.

I p/u mine a few weeks ago and couldn't be more pleased with the attack and volume i get out of it.
When I first got my 19 inch K Custom Hybrid crash I liked it so much that I was making a fool out of myself by overplaying it!
It is a unique pie! I've had it for years now and I still love it.

bradmapex

Ya, that is probably the only zildjian cymbal that i Like, i don't know why, i just can't bring myself to buy a zildjian but the K custom Hybrids catch my eye. Do you know ruffly what the price of one is Canadian? Thanks for the help
b r a d .

sticksnstonesrus

Silver Member
I have the 20" Vault. As stated in a few other posts, the Vaults are a touch glassy and not as dark...but its a fantastic crash, awesome wash. You should try one...

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
Ya, that is probably the only zildjian cymbal that i Like, i don't know why, i just can't bring myself to buy a zildjian but the K custom Hybrids catch my eye. Do you know ruffly what the price of one is Canadian? Thanks for the help
b r a d .
The current exchange rate is only .25%. Can Dollar is almost equal to US dollar.
19 inch K Cus Hy will cost about $330 Can.

Last edited: