1st annual East Coast Get Together

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Just in case anyone is unclear, next year, around Labor Day, (Bo calls the date) I plan on hosting an East Coast get together at my house. Everyone is welcome, of course.

I am trying to get an idea how many of you could actually make it. Just putting feelers out, it's a long way off. I live in the Phila suburbs, in a town called Langhorne. Center City is about 30 minutes away.

Here's what I had in mind:

I supply all the food, kegs of beer, some basic wines, mixers, soft drinks and everyone brings what liquor and/or wine they like to drink.

I have limited beds so anyone wanting to stay the night is welcome to crash here, just bring an air mattress & blankets and pillows or a sleeping bag. If the bed/couch/floor space is all used up, I have a deck and a fairly private yard where tent campers are welcome too. The deer should be staying away that night lol. Or just sleep under the stars. Sorry I don't have a gazillion beds, I just have a medium sized ranch house.

The plan is to have Jeff's Almeyda's gorgeous red Paduak stave Guru set along with my Ash steambent set up in my studio to hear and play.

I have enough instruments and amps for one of each, guitar, bass, keys. Plus a PA, so anyone who can play them are encouraged to.

I was looking for ideas. For instance, should I invite non drummer musicians and set stuff up outside and have a jam party? Or just keep it mostly drummers? What about families? Do we want family members attending, or should we keep it strictly DW-ers?

Anybody sleeping over I thought we could all go out the next morning and take over a local diner cause there's no way I'm cooking breakfast for all you lol.

So what do you think? Can I get a witness?

MaryO

Platinum Member
I would love to be part of this! I am going to try to plan for it. My preference would be to allow family members as I may have a tough time convincing the BF that it's a good idea for me to go traipsing off to Pennsylvania to spend the night with a bunch of drumming rogues :) I'll make him useful though, he can bring his bass guitars for the jam session if we decide to go that route. Mark me down plus one and save us some floor space.

Hmmm...better get to practicing :)

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I supply all the food, kegs of beer, some basic wines,
I'm in ;) ;) ;)

Seriously, if things are going reasonably well with the company, & I'm not completely screwed over mentally & financially, I'd love to make the trip :)

Jeff Almeyda

Senior Consultant
I'll be there with my Guru's. I just might take you up on the night offer because I'm pretty sure I'll be too lit by the end of the night to drive.

camcoman

Larry I would be thrilled to attend with this being a centralized world wide (Bo and Andy) 1st annual ECDW meetup. Everything else is just details.

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
Sounds good Lar, I will be up for it if my schedule allows.
I would say that it should be a mix of folks.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I will go with what the general consensus decides as far as family members. It sounds like it's already leaning towards yes family members welcome. Cool. I just need a good estimate of a total head count as we get close to the date so I can plan food and things. But that's a ways off.

I just want to officially announce that this is going to happen. Hopefully, the weather will smile upon us. I think Labor Day is a good time to do it too. People have off anyway, and it's a pretty no pressure holiday.

Pretty exciting stuff. Although I do wish the dirtbags Watso and Duncan could be here.

Like I said, if anyone has any kooky ideas to make the party even funner, let's hear them.

Mary for your own good, you'd better bring your man. I can't be held responsible for what this crew might do lol.

I will have a keg of root beer for kids if it's decided kids are coming and if weather allows, some activities like water sliding, and other stuff, for the kids. Or adults, whatever.

I have a firepit so we can have a campfire at night. There's a 4 person outdoor hot tub so bring your suit. Mary you can go gonzo lol.

I hope you can make it Bob. It's gonna be pretty cool I think. And Jeff yea, just claim a spot. Mi casa and all that. Andy, I would be pickled tink if you could make it.

Cool. I'm excited about this.

MaryO

Platinum Member
I have a firepit so we can have a campfire at night. There's a 4 person outdoor hot tub so bring your suit. Mary you can go gonzo lol.
Yeah, You really don't want that! At least not with copious amounts of alcohol :).

I'm really excited about it too. Just mentioned it to the man and he thought the camping out sounded like fun. He works at a local winery so I'll make sure and bring some local vintage :)

Let's do this!

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
Pretty exciting stuff. Although I do wish the dirtbags Watso and Duncan could be here.
I might be able to do some type of road trip and fold this in. Been wanting to go cross country trekking for a long time now, been way too long. Problem is that Burning Man takes over labor day, and I'm relatively certain I'll be there next year. Maybe if the timing ends up different I'll look into making some plans. I'll wear my "dirtbag" t-shirt.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Now I'm nervous I actually have to show up. Actually this will be fun, not sure if I can get Mo to show up though, that girl loves the hot tub. Let me get through Christmas wand I'll see where my calendar puts me next August ;)

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Bo if you bring Mo...And I get to see her in my hot tub.....

Jeff said he'd give you his Gurus!

Watso, you need to get your ass over here buddy.

Mary you like camping? I knew you were my kind of gal.

WhoisTony? I was hoping you could make it. Special parking for owners of round badge kits.

I thought it would be cool if everyone bought their favorite snare and we could hear them all.

So I want it to be like an all day, all night, and into the next day affair.

Surprise guest is Sticks4Drums. :p

Trip McNealy

Gold Member
Cool idea, might be in for this! I live in northern-central NJ, Langhorne isn't too far away. I actually have family in Bucks County. I think also a really long time ago as a kid, I went to Sesame Place in Langhorne LOL!

dmacc_2

Long way off but assuming there's nothing kooky happening with non-drumming life, I'd love to make the trip. Mapquest clocks it about 5.5 hours away.

This is pretty amazing Larry that you are willing to do this.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Long way off but assuming there's nothing kooky happening with non-drumming life, I'd love to make the trip. Mapquest clocks it about 5.5 hours away.
About 15 hours plus the slight inconvenience of an ocean to cross, but business permitting, Andy would love to hang for a day or two :)

8Mile

Platinum Member
Well, I would love to do this. The only thing it overlaps with is the Detroit Jazz Festival, which I've attended every years since the late 1980s. That, plus any other work and non-work stuff that might come up.

Larry, I'm at about 50/50 that I can make it. I'll let you know what it looks for me as the time draws closer. Unfortunately, the way my job works, things sometimes come up at the last minute.

Would love to meet you and all the cats. And by the way, what a generous offer you're making. Kudos to you, my man.

Magenta

Platinum Member
Not a hope in hell, but I'll be there in spirit! Many many photos and videos will be required.