1980s worst of demo tape!

JustJames

Platinum Member
Wow!

That was scrotum-shrivelling, ass-puckeringly dire.

All I could stand was about 45 seconds spread over three acts...I wish I hadn't. =:-(

mmulcahy1

Platinum Member
All these people thought that there stuff was good enough to send in a demo tape?? WTF!

There are a lot of very delusional people out there, huh?

Sad, just sad.

Tommy_D

Platinum Member
So these people sent in demo tapes of them making covers? How is that supposed to impress a record label? Record labels need new content, not cover music.

Although, I suppose some of this stuff is no worse than The Shaggs - My Pal Foot Foot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR9d4ESlpHY

Last edited:

Diet Kirk

Silver Member
Wow!

That was scrotum-shrivelling, ass-puckeringly dire.

All I could stand was about 45 seconds spread over three acts...I wish I hadn't. =:-(
Oh the last few are the best ones haha. But I couldn't honestly say you missed out if you didn't listen to them!

All these people thought that there stuff was good enough to send in a demo tape?? WTF!

There are a lot of very delusional people out there, huh?

Sad, just sad.
What is really worrying about that is the amount of demos I've sent in to labels from varies bands throughout my history. I wonder what they 'actually' sounded like to other peoples ears!

So these people sent in demo tapes of them making covers? How is that supposed to impress a record label? Record labels need new content, not cover music.

Although, I suppose some of this stuff is no worse than The Shaggs - My Pal Foot Foot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR9d4ESlpHY
Oh there are some very special original songs later on.

My particular favourites are the woman who describes in excrutiating detail that the song is written from notes her husband made when he first took her to his home town!

oh and the guy who goes: "verse intruments: la la la lalala lala, chorus instruments: lalalalala la la." and then procedes to do the lyrics for the seperate parts. Genius!

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
To be completely fair.... I think 'Nothing Compares' was a Prince song before Sinead popularized it.
I recently read the autobiography of music mogul Clive Davis.
He was very into covers, and outside song writers over artists writing their own material.