?

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
I see bands like a sport team in being a group effort and like singers-if they don't harmonize well they don't score and suck. That said I like Justin Tyson.

Last edited:

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Not my cup of tea, and I hadn't heard of him before, but he plays it well. Not something I could whip out on a moment's notice, but I've never been asked either.

bud7h4

Silver Member
There is no "best". We should stop making lists and rankings.

There's no best but t is better.
But lists and rankings are pointless, especially the more specific the criteria is, considering there are so many different styles (personal and musical).

Last edited:

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
I think if he's supporting the music in the way that it's intended, then he's doing a great job. It reminds me of jungle techno music from the mid 1990s.

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
What I like about this music is the drummer can play as fast as he likes to fill every zeptosecond between the notes of everyone else's notes. What's not to like? He could get busier with his kick is my only caveat.

roncadillac

What I like about this music is the drummer can play as fast as he likes to fill every zeptosecond between the notes of everyone else's notes. What's not to like? He could get busier with his kick is my only caveat.
While I personally understand and appreciate your sense of humor I just want to give you a heads up that the OP certainly does NOT and you are a mere minutes away from receiving a non-stop onslaught of childish remarks that humorously and ironically will be attempting to suggest that you yourself are childish. And a Travis Barker fanboy.

Last edited:

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
I tried grooving to JD Beck on my ekit and you can bet I’ll be jumping on Justin. Right now I’ve dragged out my double pedal and having a blast on the ekit kick pad. I like all the ghost notes and lil grooves that makes that style musical to me-grooves like crazy to me.

Seafroggys

Silver Member
"I've seen several videos of this drummer and now I understand why he is considered one of the best around right now"

I'm gonna pull a Bill Burr and ask....considered one of the best, by whom?

Because no one I know consider him the best, or even heard of him.

Is that statement generated from the fact that 3 people on Twitter says he's the best, thus its okay to make authoritative statements as to how common that sentiment is?

(This is the downfall of modern journalism, I tell ye, but that's a different topic altogether)

For what its worth, he's good.

roncadillac

"I've seen several videos of this drummer and now I understand why he is considered one of the best around right now"

I'm gonna pull a Bill Burr and ask....considered one of the best, by whom?

Because no one I know consider him the best, or even heard of him.

Is that statement generated from the fact that 3 people on Twitter says he's the best, thus its okay to make authoritative statements as to how common that sentiment is?

(This is the downfall of modern journalism, I tell ye, but that's a different topic altogether)

For what its worth, he's good.
It's because OP is the Lord and master of this land. Whatever they say is in fact gospel and if you don't immediately agree then they deem you childish and verbally belittle you incessantly until you either give in and agree or just give up and unwatch the thread.

It should be obvious to us all at this point that OP is to an elevated level of being, far beyond the scope of us mere mortals. The random drummers they post about via broken sentence fragments are akin to us finding the digital version of the arc of the covenant and in their eyes we should feel privileged to participate in such splendor. One day their vast number of worshippers will look down upon us who have not blindly agreed to the random flavor of the day being "the best", 40 lashes they'll say... 40 lashes to the heretics.

Last edited:

TMe

...in all honesty i still don't understand why.
I can relate.

When I tell people I don't understand the appeal of hip-hop, I usually just get abuse from people telling me I'm a racist, I'm old fashioned, I'm ignorant... "Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera", to quote the King of Siam. Instead of explaining what the appeal is, they just tell me how they're entitled to their own taste, dump on me, and tell me what a horrible person I am because I don't already understand the music.

How dare you ask questions about something you don't already understand?

And how do I make the emoji for rolling eyes?

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
I can relate.

When I tell people I don't understand the appeal of hip-hop, I usually just get abuse from people telling me I'm a racist, I'm old fashioned, I'm ignorant... "Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera", to quote the King of Siam. Instead of explaining what the appeal is, they just tell me how they're entitled to their own taste, dump on me, and tell me what a horrible person I am because I don't already understand the music.

How dare you ask questions about something you don't already understand?

And how do I make the emoji for rolling eyes?

same here. But I hhave had young people call me a racist b/c I don't like certain sports figures, or parts of the country etc.. I think a lot of people don't really know what that word means, but they hear it used a lot, so they just copy...

it is ok for them to slam me, or call me stupid, but not for me to do the same to them....ad not that I do, unless they ARE doing something stupid

I also get shamed for not liking/ being a part of: social media; video games; college basketball; beaches; drinking/doing drugs; amusement parks; drinking coffee....

now, I also don't lose sleep over the fact that people do that to me, but it is weird that they are "stunned" by my dislike of that stuff

TMe

...it is weird that they are "stunned" by my dislike of that stuff
I'm not even saying I don't like it. I'm just saying I don't get it. The intelligent response would be explaining it to me. I'm asking for a sales pitch, and all I get is hostility.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
I'm not even saying I don't like it. I'm just saying I don't get it. The intelligent response would be explaining it to me. I'm asking for a sales pitch, and all I get is hostility.

well, hostility gets "likes" and "15 seconds"....and that is all that is important anymore

Sebenza

I only watched the first two halves of the videos from the first post, and I do like what he does when he's playing with the band, the ideas are very clear and he's got a great sense of time of where he places his backbeats with all those subdivisions in between. But that solo in the first vid, to me, is just noodling without context.
Overall, I think he's a very interesting player, at least from the two vids posted I'd say I could get into watching those shows live.

pgm554

Platinum Member
When I tell people I don't understand the appeal of hip-hop,
To borrow from PJ O'Rourke ,it's theoretically possible to reason with farm animals ,but impractical from a pragmatic standpoint.