16th note triplets with heel toe

stuglue

Can sextuplets be played accurately and speedily using heel toe method? The strokes are RR LL RR but to emphasize the second group of triplets it would mean accenting on the second L. Is this how drummers play fast sextuplets or do they favour single strokes with heel up?

Can sextuplets be played accurately and speedily using heel toe method? The strokes are RR LL RR but to emphasize the second group of triplets it would mean accenting on the second L. Is this how drummers play fast sextuplets or do they favour single strokes with heel up?
You can do a lot with hell toe just practice SLOWLY
overall I use swivel for those types of pattern like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgrxmV9eoyw
Tim

Hi. I wouldn't bother about the individual accents but concentrate on stressing the 1st note every measure, keeping all the other notes unaccented. To my ears, this sounds best when playing at faster tempos - the handwork will provide enough embellishment to make the unaccented (but hopefully evenly played) bass line sound ok. Thus, the accent is kept on the same foot, e.g. the right foot. I'd also practice (in fact, I do) playing this pattern with your left foot leading. Heel-toe works best if both feet are comfy leading.

Last edited:
Back