14" Zildjian Quick Beat hi hat?

Chief2112

A good friend of mine is offering me a used 14" Zildjian Quick Beat hi hat for about 100.00. They are in fantastic condition. Does this seem like a good price for these and does anyone have any experience using them? How are they?

They are a great set of Hi Hats Chief. They are on the heavy side. Zildjian says "Short, tight, funky beat."
I love their sound. A have a pair. I am about to get a new set of hats, but I will never get rid of my quick beats.

I've used mine for rock, pop, and even musicals..

Listen to them on Zildjian's Site (Mine sound just like these, just a little bit warmer because they are older.)
http://www.zildjian.com/en-us/products/productDetail.ad2?productID=1172

The price is great. You'd be hard pressed to get them for that on eBay. And these are from a friend so you know how they've been treated.

I paid $150 for mine on eBay about a month ago ("get it now" price, I got impatient/lazy)... And they're far from perfect shape, I still love 'em. Jump on that deal imo, of course if you can talk him down a little that'd be cool too.

Good, versatile hats and $100 is a nice price. If you keep them in good condition, you will never lose money on them, you can always get your $100 back if not a bit more.

Great price. These are great hats. I really dug mine. Had them years ago, but I can't remember why I ever sold them (might have been after I got the 15" New Beats).

I use Sabian now, and I have been thinking about getting a set of 15" fast hats (what they call Quick Beats).

Quick Beats are pretty cool hats, so if these are in great condition, and you like the sound, jump on it.

Oh, i just noticed you said Quick Beat, not New Beat. About a week ago I also bought a QB bottom to replace my NB bottom. I wasn't too happy with it, and went back to the NB bottom. With the QB bottom, no matter how much pressure I put on the pedal I would always get a sustained sizzle when I hit the hats, I couldn't get a nice solid... uhh 'tick' sound. Just IMO tho, still great cymbals, and like it was said above, if you don't like them you can get your money back at that price.

New Beat hats are the most beautiful sounding hats I've ever played on. They're incredibly versatile.

Unfortunately, the way zildjian creates new beats now is (in my opinion) inferior to how they were producing 'em in the 70s. I bought a pair of '72 New Beats for $10 at a garage sale, and I've just got to say... terrific pieces of metal.

i say snap them up now. i have "14 QBs from the early 80s. SICK hi-hats, the bottoms are pretty heavy & have 4 holes in them to eliminate any air (that dreaded "chomp" sound vs. excellent "CHIP"). makes the ultimate "PST" sound (stick hit/open HH/BD hit all at the same time). i use them for big band, rock, funk, blues, everything. only downside is that they are too bright for ballads, but i make them work anyhow.

i say snap them up now. i have "14 QBs from the early 80s. SICK hi-hats, the bottoms are pretty heavy & have 4 holes in them to eliminate any air (that dreaded "chomp" sound vs.
excellent "CHIP"). makes the ultimate "PST" sound (stick hit/open HH/BD hit all at the same time). i use them for big band, rock, funk, blues, everything. only downside is that they are too bright for ballads, but i make them work anyhow.

Why thank you very much..! Oh... Uh.. Never mind..

bahaha ! ok, it's a banner for a drum battle: the dreaded Chomp Primbottom vs. the most excellent CHIP Johns". you can pay me for the t-shirt royalties after the first million rolls in...

Yeah, that's a great price! If you don't like them, I'll take them off your hands!

I've got a set of Quick Beats as well and I absolutely love them! Mine are from the early-mid 90's and I'll never sell them.

$100 is peanuts for any pro-quality hi-hats in good condition...especially QB's.

You'd be a fool not to jump on them. Hell, even if they're not the sound you're looking for you can easily re-sell them for $150...but I'm pretty confident you'll like'em and keep'em.

Go buy them right now. Seriously, GO!

Back