14" Sabian HH Hats?

K.Howden

Re: 14" HH Hats?

The bottom hat in the pics on the sellers site looks like a HH Fusion Hi-hat bottom, usually 13 inches although they might make a 14 inch version. I'm not experienced with Paiste so I couldn't tell you anything about the hi-hat top.

Hope that helps,

Kev

ENRICO

Silver Member
they look like hh fusion hats ,like zildjian k they sound more complex than machine hammered cymbals , but that's all they have in common .
that particular model has a very good stick articulation, and defition when you play in with the pedal

Duckenheimer

Thanks guys!

And one last thing, I am picking AA 13" Fusions.... They're incredibly bright, crisp funky, would these HH's likely be different enough to justify a second pair of hats? They're both going very cheap so that isn't a problem. I know that many say the HH is darker. I play jazz, funk, and rock.

ENRICO

Silver Member
Thanks guys!

And one last thing, I am picking AA 13" Fusions.... They're incredibly bright, crisp funky, would these HH's likely be different enough to justify a second pair of hats? They're both going very cheap so that isn't a problem. I know that many say the HH is darker. I play jazz, funk, and rock.
I dont think so , if you are going to have another set of hats , get a bigger and more washy hh .

dwdrummerky

If you have fusion hats already I would go for something darker and larger like 14" HH darks, agop traditionals, amedia classics, bosphorus etc..

baz

Silver Member
...I have a pair of 14" HH fusion hats that I do not use very much.

When I do use them, I put a drum key in one of the bottom hat speed holes. This gives them a nice little sizzle.

good luck and good drumming

dwdrummerky

...I have a pair of 14" HH fusion hats that I do not use very much.

When I do use them, I put a drum key in one of the bottom hat speed holes. This gives them a nice little sizzle.

good luck and good drumming
Good idea man! I have a pair of Mid East (amedia) raw hi hats I am about to drill for quick beat style holes.