12" Wood Hoop Options? Buying a gift...

JohnnySomersett

A good friend of mines birthday is coming up and I took note in an old conversation that he wanted to try wood hoops on his 12" snare. Now, he never has any money so I thought I'd maybe treat him to a set.

I'm not made of money myself (although I'm comfortable) so I can't afford the high-end stuff, but I was wondering if you guys knew of anywhere I can get a reasonable set either over here in the UK, or who ships internationally? Google is not playing ball for me tonight :(

I can't remember if it's 6 or 8 lug right now but intend to have a sneaky look at his show this Friday (i'm guessing it's 8...not many 6 lug snares about even in 12"!).

Any guidance? Thanks in advance

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
A good friend of mines birthday is coming up and I took note in an old conversation that he wanted to try wood hoops on his 12" snare. Now, he never has any money so I thought I'd maybe treat him to a set.

I'm not made of money myself (although I'm comfortable) so I can't afford the high-end stuff, but I was wondering if you guys knew of anywhere I can get a reasonable set either over here in the UK, or who ships internationally? Google is not playing ball for me tonight :(

I can't remember if it's 6 or 8 lug right now but intend to have a sneaky look at his show this Friday (i'm guessing it's 8...not many 6 lug snares about even in 12"!).

Any guidance? Thanks in advance
Try these beech ply hoops from Colin at ST Drums. Good basic ply product, sensible money, & a full selection of hole options in 12" size including snareside :) Economical shipping into the UK too.

Good luck.

http://www.stdrums.de/shop/index.php?cat=c412_batterside-batterside-412.html