12" Splash Cymbal Shootout Comparison Video

vyacheslav

Greetings,

I thought it would be fun to do a "tasting" or comparison video. I own 12-12" Splash cymbals (good symmetry, right?). I set them all up and recorded a video playing them. I wanted to share with all of you. I hope you enjoy it!

Which ones are your favorites? The description is in the video, but I will list the cymbals/weights here as well (below). This was fun, and it's the first thing I ever posted on my You Tube account. If you like this sort of thing, I thought it would be fun to make more videos like this, with different crashes, rides, hats etc. Let me know if you would be interested in seeing more stuff like this. If it annoys you and you wish I had never posted this, please let me know that too! :)

The cymbals in the back row (higher) are numbered 1-6 from left to right. The cymbals in the front row (lower) are numbered 7-12 from left to right. It's the same order I play them in as well. This was recorded on a Zoom Q8 with the standard on board microphones.

Here's the link to the video, with the list of cymbals below. Thanks for your feedback and input!

V

#1-Sabian AAX-318 grams
#2 70's A. Zildjian-366 grams
#3 Sabian SR2 Thin (looks like HHX Hammering)-394 grams
#4 K. Zildjian Brilliant (late 80's-Mid 90's)-424 grams
#5 Wuhan (1st Generation)-416 grams
#6 Alejian (probably 60's)-338 grams
#7 Sabian HHX Evolution-396 grams
#8 60's A. Zildjian-386 grams
#9 First Stamp A. Zildjian (late 40's)-342 grams
#10 Hollow Ink A. Zildjian (1977-1983)-390 grams
#11 Extra Thin A. Zildjian-352 grams
#12 Block Ink A. Zildjian (1983-1993)-380 grams

Mustion

Man, I just bought an AAX 11" splash but that 12" sounds amazing!! Is it the standard AAX or the AAX Metal splash?

vyacheslav

Man, I just bought an AAX 11" splash but that 12" sounds amazing!! Is it the standard AAX or the AAX Metal splash?
Thanks Mustion! It's a standard model. The previous owner absolutely beat the living crap out of it. It's all dented and wavy around the edge, but no cracks. It's a very unique sounding splash.