100 Rules for Drummers

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
A fun and thought-provoking video from Steve Such - "100 Rules for Drummers" You might recognize a few faces. The fun part? Each rule is stated in only three words!

https://youtu.be/KuCCVjHH7n4

A couple of guys - myself included - managed to use more than three... :)

Bermuda

Rule#1 There are no rules.

Pretty cool Jon.

That was fun !

Now all I have to do is remember it all.
OK, who's gonna' transcribe it for me..... LOL

Seems like the "keep it simple" and "just groove" type comments were most popular.

In fact I did that the last time I played and low and behold it worked.
Based on that performance, I've been asked to join a band!

Seems like the "keep it simple" and "just groove" type comments were most popular.

In fact I did that the last time I played and low and behold it worked.
Based on that performance, I've been asked to join a band!

No doubt! I've tried taking that to heart after numerous DW threads discussed that very thing. After a recent gig, we were sitting around having a beer afterward, self-critiqueing our performance. The band's leader gets to the drums and says, "the drums...(pause)...I don't even remember anything from the drums all night." That comment felt pretty good, to tell you the truth...

Cool vid, only recognized Kirkee B and Erskine though..

And Zoro, Walfredo Reyes Jr, Richie Garcia & Bermuda.

There a few other faces I sort of recognized, but they went by so fast, I couldn't put the face to the name before it was already on the next one.

Imma use this video for all the kids who come to me asking for tips. I ought to charge. ;)

And Zoro, Walfredo Reyes Jr, Richie Garcia & Bermuda.

There a few other faces I sort of recognized, but they went by so fast, I couldn't put the face to the name before it was already on the next one.
I wasn't paying too close attention, but I also saw Bill Bachmann and thought I saw Billy Ray

Stay in the pocket................

iStock_000010686749Small-e1308154519197.jpg

Hundred?? Oh come on pair it down to ten and maybe one golden rule. I can't remember that many anymore.

A fun and thought-provoking video from Steve Such - "100 Rules for Drummers" You might recognize a few faces. The fun part? Each rule is stated in only three words!

https://youtu.be/KuCCVjHH7n4

A couple of guys - myself included - managed to use more than three... :)

Bermuda

Thanks for posting this. Brilliant stuff!

My favorite one was:

Play #%*king Loud

Back