10.5lbs... 8" Power Bell.. the Override by Sabian!!

SpazApproved

This is my beast of a ride cymbal. SABIAN calls it the "override" and it's a Limited Edition signature series for Jimmy Degrasso!
This cymbal weighs in at 10.5lbs!! It features a Raw 8" Power Bell!
Intense hammering from both HH and HHX this thing cuts through any mix!
Check this monster out!

Reminds me of the Zildjian Mega Doom, but I don't know the specs on that one.

Last edited:
A (beast) of a ride?. It's to pretty sounding to be described as such. I'd seriously consider that ride. If I drove through McCymbals drive through I'd order mine with slightly more wash..slightly. Beautiful sound.

A (beast) of a ride?. It's to pretty sounding to be described as such. I'd seriously consider that ride. If I drove through McCymbals drive through I'd order mine with slightly more wash..slightly. Beautiful sound.
hahahahaha McCymbals drive-thru! hahaha now that's funny! I need to use that in a video!

Damn you, sir, damn you! :cool:

I was literally saying to myself just yesterday "well, I'm good for ride cymbals..."

Just when you think you're out, they keep pulling you back in. My Chester Thompson ride is my "big and heavy" ride, and I love it but I'll think from time to time "if only the bell were a little bigger..." This Override cymbal has a very similar tone and cut, but that 8" bell is a much easier target to aim for.

Do I even want to know street price? 🫣

Damn you, sir, damn you! :cool:

I was literally saying to myself just yesterday "well, I'm good for ride cymbals..."

Just when you think you're out, they keep pulling you back in. My Chester Thompson ride is my "big and heavy" ride, and I love it but I'll think from time to time "if only the bell were a little bigger..." This Override cymbal has a very similar tone and cut, but that 8" bell is a much easier target to aim for.

Do I even want to know street price? 🫣
hahahahahaha you can never have enough rides.. and this one is set in my personal collection and I couldn't put a price on it.
This bell is insane amazing.

Good lawd. That sounds really nice. I'm very impressed with it's versatility despite being so big and loud. It's got a great spread and impressive wash. It's what I always wished my old earth ride sounded like. Video quality is great as usual.
yeah for being so big and heavy it's not crazy over the top over bearing!
Thank you!

Hey Zach, I just saw that Disturbed’s drummer uses one, too. MD has a rundown of his set where he uses it some. Sounds like yours ;).

no way! I'll have to do some searching and check it out!!
Should have saved you the trouble but that’s late night thinking for you…

Reminds me of the 21" Z Mega Bell Ride from years ago......the Joey Kramer "Jani's Got a Gun" bell......

This one is darker though.....cool

Reminds me of the 21" Z Mega Bell Ride from years ago......the Joey Kramer "Jani's Got a Gun" bell......

This one is darker though.....cool
i got one of those in trade, it was a good cymbal. This one is definitely darker and the couple of inches makes that difference

Back