1" tube cymbal holder

roncadillac

Platinum Member
I remember a somewhat recent thread where someone was looking for a 1" diameter tube cymbal holder to mount a cymbal in a large bass drum tom holder base. I can't seem to find the thread, I think i even replied to it, so if anyone can link the other thread or has a suggestion in general I would appreciate it! I'm trying to put a cymbal arm in the tom holder base of my Ludwig Breakbeats bass drum without using the stock tom arm and clamp.

Was this the one?

Was this the one?

That was one of two and I ended up finding both just a little bit ago. Thanks!

Can you link the other? I'm still looking for a better solution.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like anyone has found a good solution, just working ones. The thread you linked the op settled on a cut piece of tube with a standard tama fast clamp + boom arm, more visually bulky then I'm going for.

In the other thread (link below) the op ended up buying a Gibraltar no leg stand, which fit but was very heavy and looked like a "chrome Christmas tree" (to quote op), sucks it didnt work but knowing that just saved me almost $70 on the same stand lol.

Are you looking for a 1” tube as in your title or a 1-1/8” as in the last thread linked?

If 1”, you can use the top two sections from a number of different model cymbal stands (e.g. an older Made in Indonesia Yamaha CS730/735) to do this without adding a lot of weight...

Cut the 1” middle tube to only several inches long to reduce some weight and let the collar rest on the bass drum bracket before tightening it. Then just use the wing bolt on the collar to raise and lower the top section.

Are you looking for a 1” tube as in your title or a 1-1/8” as in the last thread linked?

If 1”, you can use the top two sections from a number of different model cymbal stands (e.g. an older Made in Indonesia Yamaha CS730/735) to do this without adding a lot of weight...

Cut the 1” middle tube to only several inches long to reduce some weight and let the collar rest on the bass drum bracket before tightening it. Then just use the wing bolt on the collar to raise and lower the top section.

I am looking for 1", the thread I linked (though titled for 1 1/8") covers 1" tubes in some detail. I'm totally aware that I can purchase a stand and not use the base section but I wanted to see if I could find a single tube piece before spending more on a stand I'm ultimately going to butcher.

I am looking for 1", the thread I linked (though titled for 1 1/8") covers 1" tubes in some detail. I'm totally aware that I can purchase a stand and not use the base section but I wanted to see if I could find a single tube piece before spending more on a stand I'm ultimately going to butcher.
You don’t need to buy/butcher a full stand. Two section arms sell all the time on eBay, Reverb, etc. and my point was they don’t necessarily have to add a lot of bulk or weight.

I have a spare Yamaha middle section you’re welcome to have. It has several small dents (from previous owner’s use of a multi-clamp), but it’s otherwise clean and would be good for this purpose.

It accommodates a standard 3/4” cymbal arm and if you don’t have one, I might have a spare of those as well. Just let me know, and I’ll be glad to look.

You don’t need to buy/butcher a full stand. Two section arms sell all the time on eBay, Reverb, etc. and my point was they don’t necessarily have to add a lot of bulk or weight.

I have a spare Yamaha middle section you’re welcome to have. It has several small dents (from previous owner’s use of a multi-clamp), but it’s otherwise clean and would be good for this purpose.

It accommodates a standard 3/4” cymbal arm and if you don’t have one, I might have a spare of those as well. Just let me know, and I’ll be glad to look.
Thank you for the generous offer, I've got a pawn shop down the street that has stacks of random hardware pieces I'm going to dig through. The tom mount is beefy and has an extra reinforcement bracket inside the shell so despite it's small size, I think it can handle some weight.

No problem. If you can’t find something, you can consider this one a contingency.

A buddy regularly gigs his Breakbeat kit so I am familiar with that bd mount bracket. Believe your very safe with the upper sections of most medium-duty cymbal stands.

No problem. If you can’t find something, you can consider this one a contingency.

A buddy regularly gigs his Breakbeat kit so I am familiar with that bd mount bracket. Believe your very safe with the upper sections of most medium-duty cymbal stands.

On a brief side note: I'm running my Breakbeats kick with a uv eq4 batter tuned medium, stock reso tuned medium high with a 4" port @ 6oclock, nothing in the drum, and no riser with the beater striking slightly above center... What a cannon, for real. I can't wait to see what happens when I swap the reso for an eq3.

Back