Search results

1. Alex Sanguinetti

Hi to all!!!!

Hola, soy de Valencia! (Hi, I´m from Valencia, Spain)
  2. Alex Sanguinetti

Pics with drummers on the Top 500 list?

This is me with one of the greatest ever, Andre Ceccarelli, at his home in Paris. Some recordings for the ones not familiar with him: 1) JAZZ: This is with Eric Le Lann - 1983 2) FUSION: This one is with Chick Corea from 1979
  3. Alex Sanguinetti

Sticks ( type) on practice pad question?

Ensnared, Please, what is the name of your drummer friend? Thanks and greetings!
  4. Alex Sanguinetti

Yeah, I met him many times too.
  5. Alex Sanguinetti

Sonny Emory

6. Alex Sanguinetti

Mounting a single rack Tom - what’s your style?

@Duck Tape I agree with you that using toms with stands outside the bass drum is an inconvenient thing for the reasons you listed, but there are times when this system can be advantageous as I will describe to you. In the 80's I was part of a jazz band that was quite popular and we used to have...
  7. Alex Sanguinetti

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get any photos of my duo performance with Joe Morello in 1990 at the Frankfurt Messe, but I was just contacted today by a great drummer from Finland, Tommi Rautiainen, who was actually there at the clinic, also playing. Tommi was kind enough to provide me...
  8. Alex Sanguinetti

Playing Faster Tempo Songs - Advice?

Thank you! Yes, Bossa Nova! All the best!
  9. Alex Sanguinetti

Playing Faster Tempo Songs - Advice?

There are several things used. I give lessons if you are interested. Greetings!
  10. Alex Sanguinetti

16" Bass Drum Tuning

Here I´m playing with a 16 Bass Drum, 8 Tom Tom and 10 (yes, no mistake) Floor Tom, but I´m not to worried about the sound but confort at travelling, you can fit the whole band (quartet) in a cab, remember: "It´s not the arrow, it´s the indian!"
  11. Alex Sanguinetti

The Most Important Instructional Book in Your Drumming Journey

Only answering to detractors of Wilcoxon's book, like I answered to the critics of Louie Bellson''s text, a little story and opinión: I finished studying the entire book "150 Rudimental Solos" in 1973, having this talk in 2024 is kind of strange. I don't think what I'm going to say will be...
  12. Alex Sanguinetti

What are your ‘Pro tips’?

Study a lot, be an excellent musician! All the conditions of behavior that are considered moral and of integrity are necessary but it doesn't matter if you are punctual or a nice guy if you can't play the music.
  13. Alex Sanguinetti

Auto-pilot fills?

In your first and original message you emphasized that you play the same fills (no mention on any "ostinato"), and what it was understood is that you want to change the fills, because if you wanted to play the same thing always, why would you start a thread then? Even the name of the thread is...
  14. Alex Sanguinetti

Auto-pilot fills?

Its maybe better called "limited vocabulary"... Objectively playing this combination of rests and figures only and at the same place:
  15. Alex Sanguinetti

Video of my Jazz Playing

Just adding 2 recent videos: 1) Promotional on regular practice of soloing (in this case 2 bars of rhythm - 2 bars of solo): 2) The one on the "Book Discussion Thread" with a fragment of Louis Bellson´s Book, page 83, first 5 rows...
  16. Alex Sanguinetti

Well done, never mind that little practice, it´s perfectly OK as far as I´m concern. I calculated the tempo you played about 1/4 =90 bpm. Thank you for trying out! Greetings!
  17. Alex Sanguinetti

Great! I have Delecluse, Cirone, etc. those are, more advanced methods than Bellson's, not intended for beginners or intermediate (or even for other instruments) like Louies' is, and definetely excellent too. All this came out because some of you said its a bad method, wrong, etc. Photo is...
  18. Alex Sanguinetti

I bought Louis Bellson's book a long time ago (but when I already was a profi drummer) but I had not studied it until today, the thing is that I have many books (about 400-500) that are in case I have a student who wants to study a specific one, but all great ones! Sometimes is also to address...
  19. Alex Sanguinetti

Carmine Appice

I met Carmine in 1980, and he was totally then into Billy Cobham (meaning he liked Billy a lot and often will comment about his style, also in general about other Jazz drummers too). Was a very likeable person and gave a great clinic, and unlike many other drummers was talking using correct...
Back