Search results

1. h3r3tic

Counting exercises...

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows any efficient exercise for keeping the pulse in my head while soloing.... Care to share some thoughts? Thanks guys!
  2. h3r3tic

Future Education questions

So we all know that the evolution of drumming has changed a lot. In how we grip sticks, how we configure our drumset with the latest technology, how we hit the drums, how express ousrselves with the technique that feels best, etc. So my question is that one of the very things that hasn't change...
  3. h3r3tic

"Mangini-kind-of" technique

Hey guys! how's it going? It's been a while, eh? Well here's something that I need to know guys. Most of you must be aware of Mike Mangini's extreme skills for playing really FAST singles I mean really FAST AND BLAZING singles with his hands WITHOUT fingers! Now I think I heard someone here in...
  4. h3r3tic

Building your own drumset

Hey guys! I'm thinking in making my own drumset. Does anyone know a website or a book that contain instruction on how to build your own custom kit? and which equipment to use, etc? Thanks guys!
  5. h3r3tic

cutting the height of the toms and the floor tom

Hey guys! Well I really feel in love with the sound of short height toms. They sound like they have more attack, really amazing. So my kit is a Tama Swingstar with 12" and 13" toms and a 16" floor tom. So I'm thinking in taking them to a good carpenter so that he can cut the height a little bit...
  6. h3r3tic

bebop and jazz...

Hey guys! Here;s something that has been confusing me a lot... What is the difference between jazz and bebop? Sorry for my ignorance but I'm still a noob in this style of music/drumming
  7. h3r3tic

playing open handed with the ride cymbal on your left

Hey guys As you know I've been trying to play open handed and it is really opening a lot of creative doors in my playing. But before I used to switch left to right hand because of my ride cymbal and now I'm thinking in placing it next to my main hi-hat (on me left). What are your thoughts on...
  8. h3r3tic

My journey on Marco Minnemann's Extreme Interdependence

Hey guys! Thought I should share my thoughts on this BEAUTIFUL book about independence drumming. I know that on my posts about which book would I suggest would usually be the first one that I advise form some time is Marco Minnemann's Extreme Interdependence book. So when did I bought this book...
  9. h3r3tic

Blues records advise?

Hey guys! :D Not only am I'm trying to play some jazz recently and some other styles, but I'd also like to learn a little bit about blues. Can you advise me which records should check out to get a better understanding on this musical style and its drumming? Thanks guys!
  10. h3r3tic

Not relying in bounce?

One question that I have that makes me really curious about something was after watching some videos from Tony Williams at Zildjian day sying that he does not rely on bounce? How is that possible? I mean we drummers should be play well without hurting ourselves but is that possible with not...
  11. h3r3tic

Metallic sound on my Artwood snare?

Hey guys! :D Well it's been a long time since I switched head on my snare drum (batter side). So I have a Tama Artwood snare drum 13" (Excellent snare drum). Now before I used to have an Evans power center inverted on the batter side. But since it's all "drawn out" I baught a Remo pinstripe...
  12. h3r3tic

Clear Heads on the BATTER side of the snare drums

Hey guys! I've been drumming for some time now, and I've always played with coated heads on the batter side of my snare drum (s). Now I'm thinking in trying out some clear heads on the batter side of the snare drums. Has anyone done this? what do you think? Could you please share some...
  13. h3r3tic

Clear Heads on the batter side of the snare...

Hey guys! I've been drumming for some time now, and I've always played with coated heads on the batter side of my snare drum (s). Now I'm thinking in trying out some clear heads on the batter side of the snare drums. Has anyone done this? what do you think? Could you please share some...
  14. h3r3tic

Different "Moods" when playing with brushes

Hey guys! How's it going? So this subject is something that only became aware yesterday. Kind of a strange thing, really... So I'm trying to play jazz by myself, I've been learning by some videos and some pages from jim chapin's book. But the thing is whenever I play jazz with sticks, my mind...
  15. h3r3tic

dock tape on cymbals...

Hey guys! Can anyone tell me about this stuff of putting dock tape underneath the cymbals? I'm asking this I just saw a video of Benny Greb soloing and I think he has dock tape underneacth his ride cymbal.... what does this do? how does it affect the cymbal sound? I'm just so curious about this...
  16. h3r3tic

Jungle Snare! tunning the resonant head...

Hey guys! It's been a while;) Well, a few months ago after giving some thought on a second snare drum, I finaly came to a conclusion on buying the sonor 10" jungle snare. I totally fell in love by it's sound and since I want to give a shot on playing some jungle/ drum n bass stuff it just...
  17. h3r3tic

Drum n bass question

Hey guys! how's it going? Well I'm really loving this style of music. It's so energetic and simply amazing! One thing that I've noticed when playing this style of music I tend to not use the rack toms that much but more my snare drums (13" and 10") is it normal to not use the rack toms that...
Back