Search results

1. DestinationDrumming

Glastonbury - Stevie Wonder Drummer

Just sat here watching Stevie Wonder on telly at Glastonbury. His drummer is better than amazing....who is he? I've had a look at the reference pages on DW which say Gerry Brown but this guy has at least 150lbs on him. Any ideas?
  2. DestinationDrumming

Thomann MAPEX 14"X5,5" BLACK PANTHER ZEBRA

Anybody have, or seen these? http://www.thomann.de/gb/mapex_14x55_black_panther_zebra.htm Seems a relatively low price for a snare of this pedigree........what's the catch?
  3. DestinationDrumming

Research into Music Personalities

Hi, I'm a psychologist in my day job and I'm starting a research project looking at different band members and support crew and whether there are any similarities in say drummers or bassists or vocalists. The ultimate aim is to use this data to see if there are differences and if there are...
  4. DestinationDrumming

To upgrade or not to upgrade...that is the question

I've been playing for 3 and a half years and now regularly play with a band. We're pretty close to gigging and up to now I've been using studio kits or rehearsing at home on my Sonor Force 1005. The guys I play with have some excellent pro-gear e.g. our bass player has just spent £1300 on a new...
  5. DestinationDrumming

TV programme theme - Help with drum part please

Hi, Probably mainly for the Brits. There is a TV drama on at the moment called Hotel Babylon with a great drum part in the theme tune. I have to admit it's going way too fast for me to decipher but it sounds like rudiments strung together. Anyone out there fancy helping me along with it? Here's...
  6. DestinationDrumming

Noisy mixer channel

Long shot but you guys have such a wealth of knowledge and experience. I have a 10/2 mixer and two of the channels are noisy. Low frequency hum being generated even without anything plugged into them and with the gain turned right down. As soon as the slider is moved up the hum becomes more and...
  7. DestinationDrumming

Black Panther Steel 14x6.5 question?

Hi, I've been offered a snare which I haven't seen yet but the guy selling is saying that it's 14x6.5" Steel and with cast hoops. I can't find any reference to that spec at that size unless it's a special. The finish isn't hammered so it can't be a hammered version and it's definitely 6.5" so...
  8. DestinationDrumming

It's official...you don't need to read music

Just read a news story about GCSE in Music, that's the exam you do around 16 years old for those in other parts of the world. Apparently you can get an A grade without writing or reading a note. Just how much can you dumb down examinations. They'll be giving them away with breakfast cereal...
Back