Search results

1. M

Cymbal pack selection help

Thank you for all the advice. The AAX set does seem to be the best value for me to get into some higher end cymbals. There are no AA sets around. The AAX set I'm looking at is right around $900 CAD. Although I'm interested in the Zildjian A set as well, it's over $300 more than the similar...
  2. M

Thank you Bo. To be be honest the Zildjian a customs would be a no brainer for me but they are quite a bit more expensive than the AAX sets I can get. Debating spending the extra money but that's a tough one right now. Is there much difference between the AA and AAX sets? Turns out the Dream...
  3. M

Hello everyone. I'm hoping for some advice on choosing my next cymbals. I still consider myself a beginner drummer of a few years but now moving into the intermediate world. I've slowly upgraded most of my hardware and shells but my cymbals are very obviously the weak point of my set up. I play...
  4. M

Speed Cobra 910 Issue/Set up

When I reset everything to factory specs, that where the boards feel very low and almost flat. But I'll go back to base settings and try again without the coils this time...I never thought about those possibly hindering the feel. Thanks for all the feedback so far.
  5. M

Alesis Nitro hi hat half-open sensitivity

Thank you! I'll be investigating this.
  6. M

If I adjust the beater angle and board height, that's when it starts to feel wonky. I'll set the board height where I'd like it but then the beaters smash the tops of my feet. I'll then adjust the beater angles to prevent that and that's when it just feel weird like I'm only getting half the...
  7. M

I've never been able to get a straight answer on weather or not I can run that same set up on the Crimson II. I've certainly thought about it though.
  8. M

Sadly this problem doesn't get better as you move up the Alesis line up, I upgraded from the Nitro to the Crimson II and find the Hi-hat Control even worse than it was on my Nitro...
  9. M

Hey everyone. I understand a lot of pedal set up is player preference but I'm a bit confused about a few things I'm experiencing with my Speed Cobra 910 Double Pedal. I acquired this pedal used, it was very well used but seemed in reasonable condition. I stripped it, replaced all bearings and...
  10. M

DW Customer Service

Sorry to be off topic on the thread...Maybe you can't say but do you have any tour dates yet?? Wink twice if Toronto might be on there ;)
  11. M

drum learning sites

I signed up after lurking a while just to answer this question as I've tried all the big online lesson providers in the past few years. Here are my brief opinions after trying Drum Ambition, Drumeo, Drum Beats Online and Mikes lessons. I consider myself a late beginner/early intermediate...
Back