Search results

1. A

Are High End Drums a Giant Waste of Money?

I still have and old Yamaha stage custom from early nineties. I should really get that thing dusted off and puts some remo pinstripes on it. I heard one a couple months ago with pinstripes and it sounded amazing.
  2. A

Are High End Drums a Giant Waste of Money?

Amen. High end drums are great to have if you can afford them and don't mind getting them banged up in a club or bar. Or you can invest in some solid mics and some good remo clear or pinstripe double ply heads. I'm guessing most people like me have a hard time getting thst great, fill in the...
  3. A

Beginner seeks kick drum 16ths tips

Practice practice practice. And start slow and build your muscles and tendons up. It's the only way you're gonna get good at it. I've been playing for 43 years and if I dont condition myself to play double pedal I will stay up all night and the next day with cramps from H E double hockey sticks.
  4. A

Research Q: How many cubic feet is a packed drum kit for gig?

Depends on the kit. I'd say a typical five piece kit with hardware (cases or no cases) depends on how thick the cases are. My six piece fits in my Dodge Journey with the middle and back seats put down. If you stack the drums you could probably go with just the middle row of seats put down.
  5. A

Gretsch Catalina Maple vs. Gretsch Renown-Differences?

Renown's are USA made and Catalina maples are mass produced in Taiwan. Plus I have a set of catalina maples. And trust me,get a set of renown's if you don't feel like tuning all the stinking time.😡 I'm sure the Vaneer is much better quality in the renown's too. Someone did suggest going to drum...
Back