Search results

1. ACaptLostAtSea

Ludwig Classic Maple or Gretsch Renown

Do you own the burnt orange sparkle? I was reading about how it's a lacquer finish, and in the past the Gretsch lacquer finishs were pealing off. Wasn't sure if they've corrected it by now.
  2. ACaptLostAtSea

Thank you for the information. Do you know if these would be considered better than the Master Maples or Studio Sessions? On paper they all 3 seem to be similar. The shell width may vary I guess.
  3. ACaptLostAtSea

I know it's not a Ludwig or a Gretsch haha, but does anyone have any experience with the Pearl Music City Custom Masters Maple? relatively the same price as the Ludwig CM.
  4. ACaptLostAtSea

I'm definitely going to look into the used market a little more as well. It sounds like they're some gems out there.
  5. ACaptLostAtSea

I noticed you're rocking a Mapex in the photo. Do you like it? I've also looked into the Mapex Saturn Evolutions, but for the price point there's so many other kits as well.
  6. ACaptLostAtSea

I do love Pearl since my Exports have lasted me way longer than they should have. I actually have been looking at the Masters as well as the Studios. These are definitely not off the table. Are the Masters Maple and Studios easy to tune/keep their tune? I know my Exports are not as the same...
  7. ACaptLostAtSea

I know it looks like a really good deal. There's so many good kits out there it's hard to choose haha.
  8. ACaptLostAtSea

Hey everyone. I'm in the market to finally upgrade my set from a Pearl Export. I've had it for almost 20 years now. I won't be gigging so this new set will just be used at the house and some home studio recording. I want to finally get that professional kit that I can use for really all types of...
  9. ACaptLostAtSea

Mapex Saturn vs Mapex Saturn Evolution

Haha yeah I will say it's kind of Haha yeah i will say its kind of obnoxious. There are so many good drum sets it's hard to choose. I guess thats a good thing.
  10. ACaptLostAtSea

I agree! I'm leaning towards the Evolutions if I go Mapex. So Sar it's between these and the Tama Starclassics.
  11. ACaptLostAtSea

You're right. I've heard nothing but good things about the Saturn's.
  12. ACaptLostAtSea

Does anyone know the main differences between the Mapex Saturn's and Mapex Saturn Evolutions besides the halo mount/hardware and price? I'm looking to upgrade from my Pearl Export but didn't know the difference between the two and can't really find much info about them. Thanks.
Back