Search results

1. J

Questions about the ankle technique?

I have this exact same issue!! Did you ever figure it out? I have been practicing almost every day for 3 months to a click track, I am stuck at about 180 bpm when I try go slower, nothing happens haha I can’t slow it down or control it at all! is there something I’m completely missing? It feels...
  2. J

Questions about the ankle technique

He has a section where he explains how to improve balance as well as endurance. So far, for me, there are a few tips that are helping me but I can not seem to use the ankle method at all with any kind of accuracy or consistency. I’m flailing around off tempo for a month and a half and just...
  3. J

Yeah it seems a little intimidating on the ankle motion side. He moves forward very quickly and I’m still trying to get the motion down correctly. that’s a great analogy, I’ll definitely work more on the full leg motion for now. Thank you
  4. J

That’s exactly what I’m doing. I actually never mentioned if I was playing eighth or 16th notes. The speed does not really matter to me at this point I’m just trying to be able to control it at slower tempos. Thank you for your comment
  5. J

I actually never said I was doing 16th notes. I’m playing eighth notes 1 foot of the time because I’m still learning. I signed up for the bass drum mastery class by marthyn. His recommendation is to try to get the technique down at whatever BPM comes naturally. For me that was eighth notes at...
  6. J

That’s a great idea I will definitely try that. Thank you
  7. J

Hey guys new to the forum here. Been working on learning the ankle technique to improve my double base speed and control. Just started learning it about two weeks ago and I noticed that I can play around 180 to 230 BPM naturally with this technique but I cannot slow it down to save my life...
Back