Search results

1. P

Too old to Play Drums

I am 64 years old. I started playing basically just goofing around, about 6 years ago. Then I was asked to fill in for a drummer who flaked out. It went surprisingly well. I am the drummer now. We play all original music, kind of punk style, some sleazy rock etc...I have gotten so much...
  2. P

Cleaning cymbals

I use the Paiste cleaner and conditioner. It takes a lot of elbow grease if they are really dirty. Your rags will be black. Eventually they will be brilliant again. Then you pour a little conditioner, which is the consistency of water onto a clean rag and go over everything. I think the...
  3. P

Remo Colortone - Yes or No?

I recently bought all new heads for the drum set I built. I went with the Remo colortone in purple. My set is a natural wood. The combination is undeniably beautiful. They sound great too. The purple heads, though transparent almost look black until you see them in the light.
  4. P

Question for Singing Drummers

Hello....I use a simple headset. It is easy, in fact perfect. I could not stand singing into a boom. With this little headset I am so much more free. It was affordable (about $100.00) and has a small flexible mic. I can switch it on and off as needed. The cord is long and slips right down...
Back