Search results

1. Kona1984

Some more photos of a very cool Gretsch tom

1960...... Gretsch Anniversary Sparkle 16 inch floortom that belonged to the late Elvin Jones. It's been in my collection of mostly Gretsch drums for about 10 years. I never take it out of my home but I do play it sometimes. I use it as an add-on to my 1959 Gretsch gold sparkle Progressive Jazz...
  2. Kona1984

1950s 3ply WMP Gretsch Cocktail drum cutdown

I bought this 14x24 drum about 10 years ago. It had some shell damage and my idea was to re.ove the wrap and cut it down to a 14x14 floortom. Mist of the wrap was in beautiful condition but I decided I didn't want to hunt for 3 or more other WMP 5ps 3ply Gretsch drums to make a set. I had it...
  3. Kona1984

Thinking about cutting down Gretsch bass drum

Hi. I have a nice 2006 Gretsch Purewood Renown African Mahogany 6pc I bought new. They're beautiful drums. However... I've always thought the 22x18 bass shell was too deep..... for me. Not the sound... the bulk of it. It sounds great but I've often wondered what it would look like, feel and...
  4. Kona1984

Nice Old Kent tom

I bought this on eBay about 8 years ago. I like the history of these drums... made in the USA.... Kenmore, New York. This one still has the Bethesda, Maryland Drums Unlimited drum store sticker... above the Blue Foil badge. The blue badge puts the drum in the 1960s. A white Foil badge would be...
  5. Kona1984

My other Drums

I don't play these enough. I took these out of the cases today... tuned them up... and played for an hour or so. I forgot how beautiful they sound. I almost sold these about 8 years ago... happy I didn't. Here they as they sit today...
  6. Kona1984

Okay... I'm good with paying for streaming movies... but!

I've been renting online movies for years from my Internet provider. It's nice to watch in the comfort of my home. I've been okay with paying my cable and internet and renting movies for $5 and $7 a pop. But... recently they started showing up for $20 and $30! I've gone online and asked why the...
  7. Kona1984

Post your GreTsch 1950s Cadillac Green singles

Hi. If you have a 'singles ( some say orphaned) Gretsch 1950s Cadillac Green drum... any drum..., snare, bass or tom, please post a photo here. If you have any history that goes with your drum I'd love to hear about it. I have one drum... this 9x13 tom with the original gold plated hardware...
  8. Kona1984

Nice Old K

This 15 inch 925gram old K Zildjian came with a 54 Gretsch set I bought a few years ago. Sounds a bit Gong-ie .... I like it and use it a lot as a Crash/mostly Ride off my hats. Early 50s ... It's about as old as I am :)
Back